Motel 6 reports guest list to LE as policy

http://www.abc6.com/story/28806980/w...ime-at-lodging

This is a story out of Warwick, Rhode Island. An executive for the chain's parent company says Motel 6 generally makes guest lists available to LE.
I thought it was isolated because of crime in certain areas but when an executive comes out and admits the company as a whole has that policy.

"Other measures in an agreement Motel 6 executives include raising the minimum age to rent a room to 21 from 18, hiring a police detail, sharing the motel's national "do not rent list" with police and conducting regular training". <shakes head>

I'm never staying nor playing at a Motel 6 again. I'd rather sleep at a rest area when traveling in the middle of nowhere and still get more privacy.
Good info but...

I'm guessing my last stay at a Motel 6 was in college during spring break....in the 70's. If I ever think about entering a Motel 6 again then Armageddon has arrived.
A lot of hotels work with le
Does LE use to guest lists for cross referencing outstanding warrants?
Yes, they do use guest lists to cross check for local warrants. I had to bail a friend out once upon a time (civilian).

But here in Dallas- why would ANY girl still use the cheap Motel 6? I mean, you can Priceline a 4 star hotel for about 10 bucks more.

Yes, there are several hotel chains that cooperate with LE, some more than others. There are chains that I'll never do an outcall to, high end or not.
What Hotel Chains work with them...
Who stays at a Motel 6 anyway these days?

Not me.
Yes, they do use guest lists to cross check for local warrants. I had to bail a friend out once upon a time (civilian).

But here in Dallas- why would ANY girl still use the cheap Motel 6? I mean, you can Priceline a 4 star hotel for about 10 bucks more.

Yes, there are several hotel chains that cooperate with LE, some more than others. There are chains that I'll never do an outcall to, high end or not. Originally Posted by GracePreston

Please share the list of hotels you don't use
For Incall-- I'll use any hotel I want as long as its a dead minimum of 3 star, with a preference towards 4 star. Pretty much any hotel on my "do not use" list wouldn't qualify as a 3 or 4 star these days. I take other precautions that I'm not willing to mention in an open forum-- when you find what works, you don't want to tip off LE on how to change their methods, KWIM?

For Outcall-- if it is a member of the Marriott family in any way, shape or form... I generally won't do it unless it is someone I've seen before. There are others that are more city dependent-- so a list would not necessarily apply across the board in all areas.
I do know that most hotels in Addison work with the local LE. Places like the comfort inn, la quinta all the ones behind the restaurants, americas best value. Basically like Grace said if it isnt a 4 star hotel the are working with LE. That is why I personally dont provide in addison PERIOD!!!
For Incall-- I'll use any hotel I want as long as its a dead minimum of 3 star, with a preference towards 4 star. Pretty much any hotel on my "do not use" list wouldn't qualify as a 3 or 4 star these days. I take other precautions that I'm not willing to mention in an open forum-- when you find what works, you don't want to tip off LE on how to change their methods, KWIM?

For Outcall-- if it is a member of the Marriott family in any way, shape or form... I generally won't do it unless it is someone I've seen before. There are others that are more city dependent-- so a list would not necessarily apply across the board in all areas. Originally Posted by GracePreston
Why not Marriott? I've kind of grown fond of them. For non-hobby use, that is.
For non-hobby use, they are just fine and nice hotels. However, I won't use them even for a civilian stay due to their ongoing participation in LE operations against independent ladies. I can support efforts to curb trafficking, I find pimps deplorable-- but I have been staying in a Marriott on purely innocent business and been grilled as to the nature of my visit because I was a single female traveling alone. I won't support them with any dollars, civilian or otherwise....
  • anita
  • 04-28-2015, 03:31 PM
This is why I prefer to use a private incall. For outcalls, any upscale hotel or hourly motel is fine.
A few years ago I had to bail out my friend from Irving jail. She was arrested in a sting conducted at the Four Seasons. Yeah, the Four Seasons.
  • L.A.
  • 04-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Why do these places work with LE? What do they get out of it?