Web cams in Chat

I must have missed the announcement but its now possible to use webcams in chat. Seems like a nice feature. Not sure how it works though. I set one up just to test and was told guys cannot have public ones. Not really interested in that but would like to be able to open a session so a gal who might want to see me can do should I want.

Can anyone give a simple How-to for this new feature? Restrictions on content? I see the icon by the handle. Does that mean anyone can see or do they have to request a private window like private chat? How do you do a private one v public one?

Any of you ladies considering setting one up even if only in private chat?

Oh, audio works too.
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1382472
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=230919 (the last two posts)

public cams can be posted via the CAM icon on the top right hand corner on the room main page

private cams can be accessed either on your profile or using the cam icon when in a private chat and yes PRIVATE chats are two way video with no restrictions as long as both parties are in agreement. The normal eccie rules about minors, drugs, etc. always apply it's also worth noting that no pay per view is allowed
I seen this the other night when i entered chat and did speak with a member and did see his face it worked out quite well... I kinda like this option...
So my main question is how do I set it up so I can use a camera in private chat if so desired? IE so someone I want can see me but not everyone
If your webcam is installed on your computer it should automatically link up and if you are in a private chat window it is private viewing im not smart with computers so i cant really tell you step by step...sorry...
You have to give permission for someone to see your video cam.
I plugged it in last night but was told I was doing a public session. The cam icon was next to my handle
I plugged it in last night but was told I was doing a public session. The cam icon was next to my handle Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Lucky girls and guys.

OSBG - Let me know when you get this all figured out. We need to do a private session!
I plugged it in last night but was told I was doing a public session. The cam icon was next to my handle Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
If someone tried to view your cam and you needed to
Give them permission to view your cam then it was not a public session.
Thanks/ No one requested but I also don't know if anyone actually tried. Was only on for a few seconds to try it out