My inbox

So I deleted everything in my inbox and it still says I have 89 messages. How do I get rid of them?
On my page it always shows I have 1 notifcation. Unless I have new PMs.
So I deleted everything in my inbox and it still says I have 89 messages. How do I get rid of them? Originally Posted by xJTxSOA
Go to your Private Messages.

Look at the Jump to Folder line.

Below it, you'll have a click-down menu. Click it to expand.

The default is Inbox. Click on it and you will see Sent Items. You probably have 89 sent messages.

Sent Messages also count against you in your Total count.
yup
That explains was up with xJTxSOA but doesn't tell me how I can get rid of the false indication telling me I have 1 message.

This happened a few months back as eccie had a shut down or a temporary glitch.

Have you tried signing out of ECCIE, deleting your cookies, deleting history?
Have you tried signing out of ECCIE, deleting your cookies, deleting history? Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Yes Sir, I have multiple times.
Yes Sir, I have multiple times. Originally Posted by busternutzs
Thank you for the reply. I've alerted administration about it. I'm not sure if they will PM you or if they will post here.
Have you tried signing out of ECCIE, deleting your cookies, deleting history? Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Yes Sir, I have multiple times. Originally Posted by busternutzs
Okay, I have a few questions.

How many messages do you have total?

Have you checked every page in your Inbox to see if you don't have unread messages?

Have you created additional folders? If you have... have you (by chance) moved an unread messages to said folders?

By any chance, have you accidentally marked a message as Unread?

The admin suggest that you clear everything from your PM box that you don't want to keep. Please let me know when you have done this and if it changes anything.
Simon Riley,

I currently have 22 messages.
10 in my inbox
12 sent messages
2 that are still being tracked that show to be unread.
0 messages marked as unread
I do not have any floders.

I've already done as you suggested. I have gone through all my PMs to make sure they have been read. I delete unwanted PMs and keep only the ones I want.

As I explained earlier its due to a shut down of website or a glitch. It happened as the website shut down and came back online.

Its not the 1st time I have experienced oddities when the website has temporarily shut down.

Another example is making a post and not getting credit for the post. At least twice I have made a post and the number of my posts did not go up and the posts did not get listed on the history my statistics.
Thanks for the info.