Help a Brit out here Dallas!

Hello Dallas People

I am heading to Dallas in a few weeks time. My first visit and I would love to stay in a fab hotel....but where and which one. Would be nice if it had a pool to cool down in. I have a couple of ideas...but dont know if there is a better area to stay. The Galleria area has been thrown out a few times but seems very sterile...and well...Id like a real nice hotel but no dodgy keycard in the elevator please.... ( ooh arr crikey)

Feel free to pm your thoughts if you dont want to post exact names of hotels

Thank You Kindly

Chiara
Try the Hotel ZaZa just north of Downtown or the Hilton Anatole on IH-335 also north of downtown.
+1 on what Durango said but you also might look up the Stoneleigh on Maple Ave. Upscale,older, smaller.

Hilton Anatole on IH-335 also north of downtown. Originally Posted by durango95

No thanks! Unless you like a side dish of LE with your after-dinner plans.

Try the Hotel ZaZa just north of Downtown or the Hilton Anatole on IH-335 also north of downtown. Originally Posted by durango95
I disagree with both suggestions. The Anatole, while a very nice property, has really lost its luster the past few years for a few reasons. I believe Shea shared one of them.

It's been sold to Hilton and it's just not as safe as it used to be although it's a convention hotel and it's pretty nice if you don't mind smaller rooms at times. Also, the hotel restaurant "Nana's Grill" is really fantastic with a wonderful view. So it's not an awful choice. Just be careful there.

And Zaza is so recommended and overused as to be just trite, and you don't wish for that, right?

There are a few little boutique hotels now in downtown that you would probably appreciate. I'm just not sure of the names of all of them but I'm hopeful that a few others will chime in for you.

The Melrose and the Crescent close to the downtown area are both nice and have old school charm.

If you could share with us the type of "feel" that you would prefer in a location, that would be a huge help.

The NYLO properties happen to be the ones that I've had my most recent experiences with. And there fairly reasonable and I like the ambiance.

http://www.nylohotels.com

I always keep getting these confused with the Aloft properties which are related to the W Hotels.

The few times that I've visited these hotels and have stayed in them, they've been nice. They were also good for pictures as well!

Good luck with your visit!!!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth