Odd screening request

• Dusty
  • 12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I am not very active or participate on the board much, but am not a newbie either. I am not even sure this is the best place to post this, but it was my best guess. Today I inquired on a post that stated "light screening". The request I got back was for proof of employment and ID. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Maybe I am being paranoid, but it seemed a little suspect to me. I would be interested in your input.
Back in the early days of the internet and even up to about three or four years ago, if you were on a site such as ASPD, etc., you could ask for a name, work information, references, phone number, switch board number (to make a discreet call to see if the guy works there or not. Then, hang up).

Although her suggesting that what she's asking for is "light screening" is debatable, it's not uncommon for women to wish for that information. Or other screening such as p411, rs2000, etc.

Now, there are such throngs of new ladies and ladies in Texas overall, some of us have become rather lax in our screening process (Elisabeth holds up a guilty hand) and that is very sad.

It causes issues and problems. Half of the issues that we see in the alert section and in the private areas of ECCIE wouldn't have happened if ladies had done a thorough screening.

But do you want to eat today? Pay rent? Or when a nice guy like "Dusty" calls you and sounds like a good man, do you take the chance?

I'll go where others won't and tell you that it happens a lot. If a sex worker gets all of her business from Eccie or from Eccie chat, she has some options. But on the other hand, if backpage is her game (and it is for a lot of us) then for the most part, ladies have to do whatever type of screening that they can to get the good guys in the front door.

And some of those men who refuse to screen can be VERY VERY nice .

And to the others reading this and shaking their hands about what I wrote: I get it. Screening is the Holy Grail of this business. I do understand. So folks, please don't come to this topic and start clacking like hens about the importance of screening (I say this because of what I read in responses to topics such as this one). I DO believe in the importance of screening.

Just trying to help Dusty understand his quandary.

Elisabeth
  • Dusty
  • 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your feedback Elisabeth. I have never experienced this, so it was a bit of a surprise to me. The person of subject is on the board, which is why I expected a more regular response like references. Even though I am not that active, I have those to supply, and what I considered to be a reasonable amount of reviews. I guess I just need to decide whether or not I am comfortable enough to release that information or not. Again, thanks for the info.
Interesting thread Dusty.

It's ok Elisabeth. For me P411 is out of the question and providing ID and work info is impossible. It thins out the pool for us, but I have met a "few" lovely ladies that have given me the time of day. ;-).
My very first time, I was asked only if I would be"willing to". I was nervous and forgot, luckily when the buzzard sounded, gametime went down without a hitch and I never actually had to.
Never give out your real world information!!!! Bad things could possibly happen!!!!!!
If you are not comfortable with the screening ... move on ...
Agree with pryamider. Secret to happiness is not to do what you don't want to do.
And thus was born P411, one time screening, badda bing botta boom, as Tony would say...
[QUOTE= luckily when the buzzard sounded, gametime went down.[/QUOTE]

Dang. Never did a provider with a pet buzzard. . .
So what's a newbie to do? Is it safer under the OP's scenario if the lady in question is very well reviewed and has been around a while? I don't want to give out my real life info, but can't do p411. Trying to figure out a happy medium.

I would never give my info someone who was new on the scene, but if they have lots of good reviews and some time on eccie, it seems less risky. Or am I being naive?
I have been asked, but never complied...and never will. If she insists I just say:
"hey, go fuck yourself" {haha..yeah..bad joke...I know)
Work info is a common request. You base whether or not you give her any by how comfortable you are.
Work info is a common request. You base whether or not you give her any by how comfortable you are. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Work info is a common request...? Really? I've never had a Provider ask me to tell them where I work...and never will, either (American Airlines).