Everytime here LOGON anymore....

Does anyone else find themselves defending
themselves more than enjoying the hobby these days? Everytime I login to a social website anymore, I feel like the news has broadcasted me and heres my vision....
It is becoming more and more frequent, that I logon here and see some sort of false information or rude comment posted about me or the (always awesome) service that I provided. It is crazy to have to constantly answer to the community for a simple and genuine mistake that was posted by someone who reviewed you recently. In most scenarios, you can see the misrepresentation is a mistake by the person that typed it in. I see more than one that are obviously type-o's on a very recent review that is currently getting negative attention. The date shoud not be in the future, right? I am just pointing out that IF the date were posted on a review as a week into the future, obviously it is incorrect.
BUT.... that sort of type-o might be saying that I am a CYBORG or a TIME TRAVELER, right? um.....
... hopefully though, the conclusions are more logical-- like, that I was (in fact) abducted by aliens, from the future, and then methodically returned to my bedroom, of course with an implant, to be removed at an unspecifird date and time, on an undiscovered planet- so the review could be written!

At least that explaination seems possible in compairison to the Simpler findings that would = human error, but whats fun about that? What if the misquote was cost related, everyone then would assume that it was fact and immediately respond with negative remarks? Maybe just maybe, it too was just a type-o. A thirty minute visit was HOW M*CH? Yeah, not likely to be the amount, if I read it correctly. I mean maybe it was intended to say SIXTY minutes that also went over, so he tipped.... her hat Um, who knows right?
Attachment 177872

Call me a bit of an over analyst if you will, it's just the way I prefer to take in information that I read. If I believed everything I read.... Ugh! Well, that's another thread!
Unbelieveably, I also find myself in warm water over not divulging client identity information! I was under the impression that this was a sacred (unspoken) rule among fellow hobby partakers. As a provider (independent provider at my home photography studio), I take client privacy VERY seriously at all times! I hope that everyone else here is as appreciative of this from me as I am of the same respect that is extended to me. Ask me a stupid question like "Who is....?" ..... I will likely respond with an equivilent stupid answer. My apologies in advance to anyone that might be offended by my practices, but they will remain intact to protect your privacy.

And in closing... Sorry for rambling on. I just felt that I should share my frustration. Mistakes are going to happen as long as we remain human beings.
WAIT!!

I almost forgot to plug myself and put my slogan on here! ..... WheW... that was CLOSE!

I am EsmeRayne

'one envelope - all inclusive'
The pictures posted above are opinions i have put them here for entertainment purposes only ! I wont defend them, why should I? I think they are great representations of how I feel in relation to this subject!
I base my selection criteria for ladies on their attitude. Menu, looks, donation, location, etc. are way down the list. A good attitude would make any other issue very workable.
...It is becoming more and more frequent, that I logon here and see some sort of false information or rude comment... Originally Posted by EsmeRayne
Don't worry about it. One of the things I discovered early on in the hobby, is that a majority of participants don't have the best social skills. That also helps explain why many of them are in the hobby in the first place... Not everyone, but many. Even ugly socially inept people can get laid in the hobby. And thank God for that!

I base my selection criteria for ladies on their attitude. Menu, looks, donation, location, etc. are way down the list. A good attitude would make any other issue very workable. Originally Posted by pyramider
+1. Attitude needs to be a choice in your poll.

I'm a man, so I like to look at pics first. If I like the pics, then I'll read the post/ad. Sometimes less is more, but sometimes I like a lady who writes a lot too. Depends on my mood, and of course, the lady's attitude.

As for price, speaking strictly for myself, I don't see anyone charging over $300 per hour, that's my absolute upper limit.

If a lady usually charges $500, even if she's running a special for $250, I probably won't see her, as I'd feel like she'd eventually resent my measly $200 - $250 donations.

I'm not going to invest time and money trying to establish a relationship with someone who won't even pretend to appreciate me for the middle class schmuck that I actually am...
answer: all of the above
answer: all of the above Originally Posted by yourself
So theres not the ONE factor that holds presedence, over the other choices ? thats a head scratcher for me!
Everyone can agree with you that alll of these factors DO indeed hold a place somewhere in the selection/rejection process, surely. My question to you now is this, "What is that one IT factor you HOPE she contains within or provides you with,Sir?"
I suppose that if that one can't be summed up then how about the same line of questioning (twisted a bit) "What is the ONE thing that is the dealbreaker for you?"
It's not just one, Esme, and the deciding factor can change depending on the situation.

For example, you left off one choice that tends to be high on my list: location/availability. There may be a girl I really want to see, but she's not in a convenient location or available when I am (I book a lot of short notice appointments). I may choose somebody that isn't the ideal body type, or more expensive, because on that particular day the where and when is more important than the what and how much.
Esma your threAD is very colorful I will just focus on your poll and say it's all of the above with less of an emphasis on price.
That's a tough one. I tend to fall in the "all of the above" category as well, but looks is the highest out of them. For me it works something like this:

If she looks good, I move on to menu.
If menu is doable, I move on to reviews.
If reviews are agreeable, I do all this over again until I've worked up the balls to contact her.

On the flip side though, if any of those don't work, she's out. And - if she is exceptional in one category, it gives a little wiggle room in the others. I may choose to see a knockout with mediocre reviews, or vice versa, I may see a so-so looking provider with a full menu and awesome reviews.
[QUOTE=EsmeRayne My question to you now is this, "What is that one IT factor you HOPE she contains within or provides you with,Sir?"
I suppose that if that one can't be summed up then how about the same line of questioning (twisted a bit) "What is the ONE thing that is the dealbreaker for you?"[/QUOTE]

Attitude. All other factors will make or break the initial attraction. Looks, if available - reviews, location (So tired of driving to Dallas...) And I have a ceiling on what the experience is worth.

But attitude is everything. Good, clear communication (including in ads), warm friendly greeting and complete illusion of passion. The best allow us to suspend reality and be totally in the moment. They make us forget who we are and believe they are totally into only us. Total fantasy. The business and expectations are set before the experience starts.
It's not just one, Esme, and the deciding factor can change depending on the situation.

For example, you left off one choice that tends to be high on my list: location/availability. There may be a girl I really want to see, but she's not in a convenient location or available when I am (I book a lot of short notice appointments). I may choose somebody that isn't the ideal body type, or more expensive, because on that particular day the where and when is more important than the what and how much. Originally Posted by TinMan
...My question to you now is this, "What is that one IT factor you HOPE she contains within or provides you with, Sir?"

I suppose that if that one can't be summed up then how about the same line of questioning (twisted a bit) "What is the ONE thing that is the dealbreaker for you?" Originally Posted by esmeRayne
for me, there is not one thing that will for sure make me travel to go see her. i consider attitude, skills, looks, fee, location, flexibility/accomodation.

i agree with TinMan. for me, the woman's attitude is very important, as are her skills and looks. location less so [i have driven from n.e. dallas to ft worth].
however, there are some things that just cannot compensate for some way less than deliteful things. for me, super looks or low fee do not compensate for way less than deliteful skills.

wrt dealbreakers, there are many - foremost is her bad attitude [either before, during, or after the encounter]. others include her higher than my budget fee; and her lack of skills, her looks, or her location.

tho, i disagree w/ TinMan on this "the where and when is more important than the what and how much."
rarely, and i do mean rarely, do i let "where and when" overrule attitude, fee, skills. and when i do, it's been about 50/50 deliteful/not-so-deliteful.

wrt your original post and this in specific...
I just felt that I should share my frustration. Mistakes are going to happen as long as we remain human beings.

share away. i'm sure someone will commiserate with you :^)
and for sure on the human-ness aspect. [as i so obviously demonstrated recently]

p.s. wrt this in your showcase...
I promise to be at your beckon call, and swear to provide all you with all that you command me to COMPLETE.
it's "beck and call", not "beckon call".
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com...ckon-call.aspx
What Jimballs12 said