BACHMANN STUPIDITY ---- AGAIN

Bachmann's promise for her administration

Gas prices under $2.00

Lol does she really think OPEC will let that happen?
Maybe if she prays hard enough?
Maybe she will consider taking OPEC to the World Court for price fixing ! I think it would be a smart thing for some of these world leaders to get tough with OPEC.

She is in good company, in 2007 the Democratically controlled Senate (along with Republicans) jointly approved legislation to do just that !

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/...19767120070619
Maybe she will consider taking OPEC to the World Court for price fixing ! I think it would be a smart thing for some of these world leaders to get tough with OPEC.

She is in good company, in 2007 the Democratically controlled senate, in an effort to lower gas prices wanted to do the same !

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/...19767120070619 Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Whirlway didn't you say that the President controls the oil prices??? So if Bachman is President(in her wildest dreams) you think she will tell OPEC hey lower the prices are I am going to take you to court- oh yeah that will scare them- that is the dumbest ting she can do or state is to claim she make the gas prices come down by half- what next she's going to mention that in her 1st year she's going to cut the U.S deficit in half???
maybe she plans on removing restrictions on domestic drilling

ive been in the oil business since 1974 and just the mere knowledge that u.s. producers are unshackled would drive the price of oil down

everything is based on perception and $2 gas isnt so far fetched.

we have more natural gas then just about anywhere in the world and using that for vehicles would really drive things down and our potential reserves of oil could be tapped into also, which are huge.

natural gas doesnt command the price per btu content that oil does as it is domestic and the equivalent energy content is much less costly.

can you imagine the boost to our economy not shipping billions and billions to hugo chavez and the arabs each year? not to say anything abt the employment boost of exploration, drilling and development and the net income boost to businesses that could be taxed without the high cost of energy diminishing business profits.

recently even the democrat ed rendell saw the light concerning oil and gas exploration's impact and commented on the boost to pennsylvania of oil and gas shale exploration and encouraged states like new york to remove their anti growth policies.

of course before any logical economic boost to the u.s. economy can take place, the current occupant of the white house and the make up of the senate has to be changed
Dumb like Obama's promise...............

http://globetribune.info/2011/04/10/...in-half-video/

And having a President who wants to get the price of gas below $2.00/gallon isn't a bad thing..afterall it was $1.79 a gallon when Obama became President..!!!!!!!

Now that is a WTF moment !
  • WTF
  • 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM
If gas prices are down to 2 dollars the world will have been in a depression.

Any idiot knows we do not have the oil to drop the price of oil that low, if it dropped that low it wouldn't be worth drilling for.

It is like people that were crying about the Mexicans....I used to tell them that illegals were a good problem. Means there were plenty of jobs. Now they are going home because there are no fuc'n jobs and all the idiots that were bitching about that because Rush told them to are now bitching about not having a job!

TTH was right, the GOP is made up of a bunch of crybabies that vote aganist their own best interest!

Do we need a long term energy plan? Yes.....Is drill baby drill the plan that will work? Fuc No
  • Doove
  • 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Bachmann's promise for her administration

Gas prices under $2.00 Originally Posted by waverunner234
Kind of like McCain's claiming he knew how to get Bin Laden - and all we needed to do was elect him President in order to get him to tell us his plan.
If gas prices are down to 2 dollars the world will have been in a depression.
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't read much of the blathering you people do in here but that has to be the single most ignorant statement I have ever seen typed out by you.

There are numerous way, some of which were previously mentioned in this thread, to drive down the commodity of gasoline while maintaining a profitable oil and gas industry. To say we would have to be in a depression is just simply grandstanding. BOTH sides have said that is acheivable. We just need some elected officials willing to leads on both sides as well.
Don't be too harsh on WTF; he was handicapped with the DNA of WTF Senior.......

I don't read much of the blathering you people do in here but that has to be the single most ignorant statement I have ever seen typed out by you.

There are numerous way, some of which were previously mentioned in this thread, to drive down the commodity of gasoline while maintaining a profitable oil and gas industry. To say we would have to be in a depression is just simply grandstanding. BOTH sides have said that is acheivable. We just need some elected officials willing to leads on both sides as well. Originally Posted by Boltfan
  • WTF
  • 08-18-2011, 05:08 PM

. Originally Posted by Boltfan
You do not read much but that is the most ignorant?

WTF?

If you don't read WTF I write, how can you compare it to any past posts of mine?

There are numerous way, some of which were previously mentioned in this thread, to drive down the commodity of gasoline while maintaining a profitable oil and gas industry. To say we would have to be in a depression is just simply grandstanding. BOTH sides have said that is acheivable. We just need some elected officials willing to leads on both sides as well. Originally Posted by Boltfan

You obviously do not understand Peak Oil, low hanging fruit being already picked and how China and India and other emerging countries consumption factor is on the rise.

Do we need a long term energy plan? Yes.....Is drill baby drill the plan that will work? Fuc No Originally Posted by WTF
What fuc'n part of this do you not understand?

I have no doubt that I am more informed on this subject than you.
  • WTF
  • 08-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Don't be too harsh on WTF; he was handicapped with the DNA of WTF Senior.......

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You can't even remember who the fuc you voted for three years ago.
  • Laz
  • 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Tapping the domestic reserves will effect the price of oil. How much it will go down is anybodies guess but it is safe to say it will go down. The reality is that regardless of how much the price drops it would be a good thing. Increases in domestic jobs, lowered prices of fuel gives people more money to spend creating more jobs. Profits from drilling going to property owners including the federal government are beneficial. Not sending money to Hugo and assholes in the middle east is good. So who cares if it only drops to $2.50 a gallon it is better for everyone to drill and drill now.
by the time she gets in well be ready to ramp up in Iraq again and we can just take all the oil we need ..how bout .25 per gal!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!GO BACHMAN! GO BACHMAN!!
Michele Bachmann topped the stupid gas price comments today when she said that Americans "fear the rise of the Soviet Union" during an appearance on a conservative radio talk show.

I guess someone forgot to tell her the Soviet Union broke up 20 fucking years ago.
Michele Bachmann topped the stupid gas price comments today when she said that Americans "fear the rise of the Soviet Union" during an appearance on a conservative radio talk show.

I guess someone forgot to tell her the Soviet Union broke up 20 fucking years ago. Originally Posted by BigLouie