Did Anyone Else Watch the Debate Tuesday?

fuck, I figured there would be 2-3 threads already. maybe y'all were embarrassed to admit you watched?

anyway, my take:

Warren won the night.. passion, energy, focus. she stumbled on the border question, no criminalization for anyone. I also think people should be able to keep their private health insurance, if they want.. she does not. she and Bernie gave good responses on the question, but it is still a sticking point. no reason why both options can't be part of a new vision.

Bernie did well. nothing new from him, but he articulates his views well, and with passion. his "I wrote the damn bill" was a great line.

Beto and Pete did fine, but didn't move the needle. their styles are not effective in a debate setting, they are too intellectual and not energetic enough.

the rest were fodder that will not be in Houston, next debate. the 4 that "mattered" at the beginning, are the same 4 that will move on. I suspect tonight's debate will be much more race-focused, with Biden, Booker and Harris.. ratings, y'all. I suspect Biden will look bad tonight, overall, and Harris will do well. Booker will do well, I think. Castro will get in a good moment, but will otherwise be mostly ignored. those 4 will move on to Houston, the rest will be gone.. I think. unless a Deblasio or someone refuses to drop out. but I think the 8 I mentioned will be alone on stage in September.

also, I think Warren's 20 minute, impromptu chat with CNN hosts gave her a boost. they asked good, pointed questions, and gave her an opportunity to expound. I feel like Warren will be the best debater against Trump. if she gets the nomination.

sidebar: Tim Ryan did not shake anyone's hand, nor did he place his hand over his heart at the beginning, and during the National Anthem.. every other Candidate did both. I was turned off by him right away, and was surprised neither of those gestures were ever mentioned later.
fuck, I figured there would be 2-3 threads already. maybe y'all were embarrassed to admit you watched?

anyway, my take:

Warren won the night.. passion, energy, focus. she stumbled on the border question, no criminalization for anyone. I also think people should be able to keep their private health insurance, if they want.. she does not. she and Bernie gave good responses on the question, but it is still a sticking point. no reason why both options can't be part of a new vision.

Bernie did well. nothing new from him, but he articulates his views well, and with passion. his "I wrote the damn bill" was a great line.

Beto and Pete did fine, but didn't move the needle. their styles are not effective in a debate setting, they are too intellectual and not energetic enough.

the rest were fodder that will not be in Houston, next debate. the 4 that "mattered" at the beginning, are the same 4 that will move on. I suspect tonight's debate will be much more race-focused, with Biden, Booker and Harris.. ratings, y'all. I suspect Biden will look bad tonight, overall, and Harris will do well. Booker will do well, I think. Castro will get in a good moment, but will otherwise be mostly ignored. those 4 will move on to Houston, the rest will be gone.. I think. unless a Deblasio or someone refuses to drop out. but I think the 8 I mentioned will be alone on stage in September.

also, I think Warren's 20 minute, impromptu chat with CNN hosts gave her a boost. they asked good, pointed questions, and gave her an opportunity to expound. I feel like Warren will be the best debater against Trump. if she gets the nomination.

sidebar: Tim Ryan did not shake anyone's hand, nor did he place his hand over his heart at the beginning, and during the National Anthem.. every other Candidate did both. I was turned off by him right away, and was surprised neither of those gestures were ever mentioned later. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
The DTDS where too busy watching old documentaries on the good old Jim Crow Days. Fox News had watching parties all over the country.

Reminds me of the Republican debates in 2016. sidebar: DS Donald Trump did not shake anyone's hand, nor did he place his hand over his heart at the beginning, and during the National Anthem.. every other Candidate did both. Trump raised his hand in the Nazi Salute. I was turned off by him right away, and was surprised neither of those gestures were ever mentioned later,
Bull shit alert!

I started my debate as they were going on. Sorry general.
I was watching baseball but will probably watch last night's debate today and tonight's debate either tonight or tomorrow.
I thought Fox wasn’t to be involved with these debates. It was at the FOX theater!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Que the clowns ,,,,,,,,,WOW the clip I saw were BAD there helping Big T
Bull shit alert!

I started my debate as they were going on. Sorry general. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
yeah, but your headline was murky

and your thread was marred by rather Juvenile sparring, with no substance. not your fault, it just devolved that way. I don't know why grown men have such difficulty addressing political subjects without reverting to 2nd-Grader like insults.

hopefully a mature discussion will break out during or after tonight's debate.. I'm not holding my breath.
yeah, but your headline was murky

and your thread was marred by rather Juvenile sparring, with no substance. not your fault, it just devolved that way. I don't know why grown men have such difficulty addressing political subjects without reverting to 2nd-Grader like insults.

hopefully a mature discussion will break out during or after tonight's debate.. I'm not holding my breath. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
+1
I was watching baseball but will probably watch last night's debate today and tonight's debate either tonight or tomorrow. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I was also watching baseball.

Far more entertaining.

I did flip back and forth between dominant innings by Justin Verlander and caught bits and pieces.

I hope they narrow down the field after this round.
Que the clowns ,,,,,,,,,WOW the clip I saw were BAD there helping Big T Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Interesting...

Dems blame "The Bachelorette" for downturn.
A significant number of viewers about 1/3 on CNNs free website.

CNN's broadcast of the Democratic debates on Tuesday night attracted 8.7 million viewers, according to final ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research.

Another 2.8 million people watched via the CNN Digital live stream.

The first of two debates from Detroit was watched by approximately 7 million fewer people than the June 26 debate broadcast by NBC, MSNBC and Telemundo, which attracted 15.3 million viewers for the broadcast from Miami.

The cable news network faced formidable competition from ABC's "The Bachelorette," which aired its finale on Tuesday night. NBC also offered up a new episode of "America's Got Talent," which has rated well over the years since its start in 2006.
Interesting...

Dems blame "The Bachelorette" for downturn.
A significant number of viewers about 1/3 on CNNs free website.

CNN's broadcast of the Democratic debates on Tuesday night attracted 8.7 million viewers, according to final ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research.

Another 2.8 million people watched via the CNN Digital live stream.

The first of two debates from Detroit was watched by approximately 7 million fewer people than the June 26 debate broadcast by NBC, MSNBC and Telemundo, which attracted 15.3 million viewers for the broadcast from Miami.
Originally Posted by gnadfly

there was naturally going to be a viewership drop.. fewer outlets, no Biden/Harris, previous exposure to the candidates. I considered not watching, and just tuning in tonight, but I watched it all, plus 2 "after-hours" media coverage.

I still like my Harris/Beto ticket idea, that I put forth last March.. ironically, almost every one mispronounces "Kamala" and "Beto"!
there was naturally going to be a viewership drop.. fewer outlets, no Biden/Harris, previous exposure to the candidates. I considered not watching, and just tuning in tonight, but I watched it all, plus 2 "after-hours" media coverage.

I still like my Harris/Beto ticket idea, that I put forth last March.. ironically, almost every one mispronounces "Kamala" and "Beto"! Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I like it too! Cuntmala and Beatoff is a losing ticket!!!!!
The DTDS where too busy watching old documentaries on the good old Jim Crow Days. Fox News had watching parties all over the country.

Reminds me of the Republican debates in 2016. sidebar: DS Donald Trump did not shake anyone's hand, nor did he place his hand over his heart at the beginning, and during the National Anthem.. every other Candidate did both. Trump raised his hand in the Nazi Salute. I was turned off by him right away, and was surprised neither of those gestures were ever mentioned later, Originally Posted by themystic

BHAHHAHHAHAAAAAAA

Reminds me of the Republican debates in 2016. sidebar: DS Donald Trump did not shake anyone's hand, nor did he place his hand over his heart at the beginning, and during the National Anthem.. every other Candidate did both. Trump raised his hand in the Nazi Salute. I was turned off by him right away, and was surprised neither of those gestures were ever mentioned later, Originally Posted by themystic