This one's for the ladies. What's with the talons?

Ladies, I've always been curious, what's up with the uber fingernails? Don't nail salons do "active length" or even just pretty up short nails? What's your real preference ladies, and why?
Ladies, I've always been curious, what's up with the uber fingernails? Don't nail salons do "active length" or even just pretty up short nails? What's your real preference ladies, and why? Originally Posted by feetnstuff187

I always do active length....my RW job doesn't allow for talons, not that I'd sport that look anyway. I don't find it appealing in the least.
I love my nails! I love to do designs but they aren't too long where I can't do anything
My Nails are just right and classy at all times
sometimes I get crazy colors and that's about it
keep them at a length that looks nice ,,
Personal defense. You never know when you'll have to use those talons in a cat fight! (Just Kidding)
I keep mine at an active length. When they are too long, they get in the way, I can't type quickly at work and I end up snapping them off while cleaning or grocery shopping.
I'll do a manicure every few months but I keep my fingernails natural looking and on the shorter side. I do a lot of anal play and well, it's a necessity in my line of work!

I try, emphasis on try, to keep a pedicure going. But I'm not overly fond of the whole pedicure process. I have sensitive feet but I DO like the way that it looks.

That is why, often, I like having a client go with me and we BOTH get a pedicure. And he gets to enjoy having his feet and legs massaged and taken care of and I like the company. Side note: If someone wishes to go with me to get a pedicure, after an appointment, let me know! We can work something out.

I've never found getting a mani/pedi to be that comfortable and so for me, it's a sometimes occupational requirement. Not something that I like to do.