So President Obama Shut down The Govt for 3% of the Enrollment Target?

There's some dispute as to if its even as high as 3%. That number includes some of the Medicare enrollees. And lets remember you can sign up even if the Healthcare.gov website is down.

Thanks Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...areNews&rpc=22

Nov 11 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's healthcare reform has reached only about 3 percent of its enrollment target for 2014 in 12 U.S. states where new online health insurance marketplaces are mostly working smoothly, a report released on Monday said.

States with functioning exchanges have signed up 49,100 people compared with the 1.4 million people expected to be enrolled for 2014, according to the report by healthcare research and consultancy firm Avalere Health.

With enrollment in the federal HealthCare.gov website serving 36 states stalled by technical failures, the weak sign-ups for functioning insurance exchanges could be due to the administration's difficulty to promote the program as a success, Avalere said.

The government is due to release national enrollment figures for the month of October this week. Open enrollment ends March 31, 2014.

The government is due to release national enrollment figures for the month of October this week. Open enrollment ends March 31, 2014.

Supporters of Obamacare and health insurers fear that scant participation in the private insurance exchanges will prevent them from becoming a sustainable new individual market, including the right mix of young and healthy members to offset coverage for older, sick people.

Before the Oct. 1 launch of enrollment, policy experts had expected that Americans would sign up gradually to the new Obamacare plans, consistent with the roll out of other healthcare programs like Medicare's prescription drug program for the elderly in 2006, according to Avalere President Dan Mendelson.

The turnout in states with functioning marketplaces has so far been weak rather than gradual, according to Mendelson. This could mean HealthCare.gov's problems, which have prompted high-level oversight hearings led by Republican lawmakers, could be weighing on all states, he said

"The technical problems of the website and enrollment generally are causing the administration to go much slower on the positive messaging that is necessary to build enthusiasm for the law and that's an issue," Mendelson said.

Avalere looked at 11 of the 14 states and Washington D.C. that elected to build their own exchanges for individual insurance.
It ain't over 'til it's over. And let's give credit where credit is due for the shutdown. The batshit crazy republicans.
  • CJ7
  • 11-11-2013, 08:01 PM
gee gonadfly, the President is a Republican ?

who knew?

the Dems didn't drop to a 28% rating 3 days after the shutdown, wonder who did?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/re...ecord-low.aspx

oh.
It ain't over 'til it's over. And let's give credit where credit is due for the shutdown. The batshit crazy republicans. Originally Posted by timpage
Nope, Congressional Republicans were passing various bills to keep the Federal Govt totally open EXCEPT fund Obamacare. Obama wouldn't accept it.

Documented fact.
Nope, Congressional Republicans were passing various bills to keep the Federal Govt totally open EXCEPT fund Obamacare. Obama wouldn't accept it.

Documented fact. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Turdyfly is next of kin (behind JD and IB) for the Idiot Family fortune.

Documented fact.
Oregon's Health Care Exchange Has Yet to Enroll A Single Person

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...single-person/

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — With a reputation as a pacesetter in health care, Oregon laid out bold plans for complying with the federal overhaul.

The state wouldn’t just create a health insurance exchange, a complicated undertaking in its own right. Oregon officials set out to build one of the biggest and best in the nation — a model that other states would want to copy.

But more than a month after Cover Oregon’s online enrollment was supposed to launch, reality is lagging far behind Gov. John Kitzhaber’s grand ideas. The online system still doesn’t work, and the exchange has yet to enroll a single person in health insurance.

============================== ==========================
You'd think at least one Dim would have fallen on the sword and enrolled by now.

Here's hoping BigKotex changes his handle to BigOregon.
  • WTF
  • 11-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Try not to feed the troll!

I B the Idiot.

Documented fact.
Originally Posted by bigtex
If there is a pile of shit you will find a gnadfly buzzing around it.
  • WTF
  • 11-12-2013, 08:55 AM
If there is a pile of shit you will find a gnadfly buzzing around it. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
That shit sniffing musta went to his head. The House and the Senate shut down the government by not passing a bill, it never made it to the President. Now had it and he vetoed it our lying shit sniffer might have a point with this thread. As is he is just proving once again not to have a grasp of how things work in Washington. Stick to one liners gnadfly, you're pretty funny with those!
Yep, its true whether you want to admit it or not. It was the GOP who passed coninuation bills, measures, and stopgaps. It was Harry Reid who refused to vote on any of them except the ones on the military and veterans and Obama who went golfing. No, that shut down was the brainchild of Obama. Why else would he go golfing and campaigning except if he was getting exactly what he wanted.

Now I understand that Obama is really Pee Wee Herman. 3% enrollment and the White House response; we meant to do that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNIX7V21pU

Also bear in mind that during the slowdown, the Obamacare plan was fully funded
Poor JD can't remember what happened a short time ago..
  • CJ7
  • 11-12-2013, 02:00 PM

Documented fact. Originally Posted by gnadfly

so document the fact... here, I'll help

passing various bills = total cave in

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...pen-Government

glad I could help
That shit sniffing musta went to his head. The House and the Senate shut down the government by not passing a bill, it never made it to the President. Now had it and he vetoed it our lying shit sniffer might have a point with this thread. As is he is just proving once again not to have a grasp of how things work in Washington. Stick to one liners gnadfly, you're pretty funny with those! Originally Posted by WTF
Yes, the President said he would veto such a bill, which is why Harry Reid never put it to a vote. Reid has been doing this for years.

Despite what the Dims and the complicit media have been telling you, it was Obama's shut down. Obama would famously not negotiate on Obamacare. Reid wouldn't pick up subsequent bills that funded the govt piecemeal without Obamacare.

Now millions of policies are being canceled. Healthcare.gov reported still isn't fixed. There are very few "Obamacare" policies being issued. My premiums and deducts have gone up. Good luck finding and scheduling a doctor in 2014.

But, I don't know how "Washington works." Priceless. Just a bunch of morons who keep falling for Obama's "pull my finger" prank. And enjoying the smell.
Yes, the President said he would veto such a bill, which is why Harry Reid never put it to a vote. Reid has been doing this for years.

Despite what the Dims and the complicit media have been telling you, it was Obama's shut down. Obama would famously not negotiate on Obamacare. Reid wouldn't pick up subsequent bills that funded the govt piecemeal without Obamacare.

Now millions of policies are being canceled. Healthcare.gov reported still isn't fixed. There are very few "Obamacare" policies being issued. My premiums and deducts have gone up. Good luck finding and scheduling a doctor in 2014.

But, I don't know how "Washington works." Priceless. Just a bunch of morons who keep falling for Obama's "pull my finger" prank. And enjoying the smell. Originally Posted by gnadfly
This shit is funny...

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog 21h
Hey, why the f*** not: "flaw" in ACA website lets entire population of planet Earth enroll in Medicaid http://pjmedia.com/blog/medicaid-for...ealthcare-gov/