CA minimum wage $ 20

Making a living? Please. Basic fair compensation package should be part of any employment. No matter who buy or what you do. If you cannot do business and make a profit without exploding labor, you deserve to be bankrupt and not in business. Originally Posted by Daneskold1
No, it shouldn’t. These are jobs for kids to learn responsibility, not for supporting a household. I’m guessing an employer would be jailed for exploding their labor. It would also be messy.
A Google search is easy to see that there are indeed some healthy choices at Applebee's. There are also some unhealthy ones ...but I think generally it's a better option than Jack in the Box or Whataburger.

Plus the money I save on the entree goes towards a few beers or dollar drinks specials.

Jesus can order from wherever he wants. Originally Posted by eyecu2
... Agreed there, mate.

Though Applebee's aint quite as good as, say, Outback Steak
- it still got some decent tucker.

But this $20 dollar minimum wage is a jobs killer.
And will of course lead to MORE restaurant Closings. ..

##### Salty
Why not institute the mega minimum wage and see what happens.

If a company decides that a job is not worth the labor cost, they can eliminate it. With today’s technology, multitudes of jobs, and not just minimum wage can be performed by automation and AI.
The market place will sort this out. We live in a capitalistic economy. If a business does not generate enough profit to make it worthwhile, they will close the doors.
You’re correct except for the middle class comment. There is no middle class left it’s working class and conspicuously wealthy Originally Posted by Daneskold1
If you went by income level you could separate the middle class from the working class. For example.

Income level for a single person and the class.

Ultra rich > 1 billion

Rich > 1 Million

Middle class > 100,000 < 1 Million

Working class > 25,000 < 100,000

Poor > 10,000 < 25,000

Poverty level < 10,000

I don't think a person who makes > $100,000 should be in the same class as the person who makes = $50,000 even though both individuals are still working.
Mr. Minimum Wage destroying California restaurants one by one

Yes it's get them to work faster hence fast food, the fastest half works are twice the speed and keeps your jobs the rest will be without jobs simple as that. I work in a welding shop once and fastest welders were 5 times faster and much better welds than slowest welders year were only only paid 2.5 times as much. The welding shop ran Smooth when there fired every one but fastest 4. With no rejects I lost my job there. It sad we need the government to show business how to run.