Why is it called the Hobby?

just wondering why it was given that name
  • motor
  • 10-03-2016, 08:51 PM
why is it that you ask dumb questions. Beside don't you have your hands full bashing Grace and anyone else who says kitty the wrong way?
why is it that you ask dumb questions. Originally Posted by motor
Because my dissertation is almost complete
The first instance I can find of the hobby being referred to as "the hobby" on the Internet is in a 1996 post in the Usenet news group (now Google group) alt.sex.prostitution:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...w/V9LwjIsoWXMJ
  • L.A.
  • 10-03-2016, 09:36 PM
just wondering why it was given that name Originally Posted by SteveOTX
It's called the hobby because it's called the hobby.
because unless you are davidfree its not a full time career......of course if you are davidfree it consumes 80 to 90 hours of every week reading and comparing reviews, cataloguing info and pics....so its no hobby to some...it's a career
because unless you are davidfree its not a full time career......of course if you are davidfree it consumes 80 to 90 hours of every week reading and comparing reviews, cataloguing info and pics....so its no hobby to some...it's a career Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
I know a girl who is the same way
Because having sex is a hobby. Also a hobby is hanging out with friends and helping others. The hobby is all three at the same time.

It's never a Jon and a hooker. The way I see it, we're all a bunch of friends.
Because "fucking hookers" is considered rude. "Hobbying" sounds nice.

Some people fish or maybe paint. We fuck hookers. I'm sorry, I meant to say, we "hobby."
  • Gbfsl
  • 10-04-2016, 03:38 AM
Webster's definition of hobby: "a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation."
So for almost all men this is true. For many ladies this is also true in that it is outside their regular occupation. I am not so sure about the "for relaxation" part of this definition. But for a lot of ladies here, this is their occupation.

So I agree with albundy.....saying we "hobby" just sounds nicer than saying we are all engaged in prostitution.

Call it whatever makes you feel good. For me, it is a pursuit of just plain ole great sex and good fun! I plan to be involved in this endeavor for as long as my tongue and dick hold out.

Party on folks.
Webster's definition of hobby: "a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation."
So for almost all men this is true. For many ladies this is also true in that it is outside their regular occupation. I am not so sure about the "for relaxation" part of this definition. But for a lot of ladies here, this is their occupation.

So I agree with albundy.....saying we "hobby" just sounds nicer than saying we are all engaged in prostitution.

Call it whatever makes you feel good. For me, it is a pursuit of just plain ole great sex and good fun! I plan to be involved in this endeavor for as long as my tongue and dick hold out.

Party on folks. Originally Posted by Gbfsl
Yes, that is what the hobby and this site is suppose to be about, p4p, fun and relaxation.

But some of the more frequent posters of this site find the hobby to be degrading and insulting others as their hobby. As far a p4p goes, most of those guys do not even fuck hookers and probably the only box they have banged used to have a Big Mac inside of it.

As far as why it is called "the hobby", al is spot on, just as calling the ladies who are the ones getting paid are called providers instead of prostitutes. It just sounds better.
It all started back in '96 at Bob's Hobby Shop on Buckner. Bob sold model airplanes in front and ran a string of hookers in back. It all came unwound when the Cowboys started winning again because of the constant string of high end luxury cars forming what some called a drive thru train in back. Today Bob owns 'In And Out Lube' in Balch Springs.
^^^ *snicker*

Because hobbies are expensive, and usually all you have to show for pursuing your hobbies are happiness and relaxation.

The first instance I can find of the hobby being referred to as "the hobby" on the Internet is in a 1996 post in the Usenet news group (now Google group) alt.sex.prostitution:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...w/V9LwjIsoWXMJ Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I couldn't get the link to work. I'm curious which old horndog gets the credit.