Is a real friendship possible?

I'm still breaking into the hobby, but I was wondering something. Is it possible for a provider and a hobbyist to become really good friends after a client relationship has been had? I don't mean like, "Hey baby? How are you? Could I borrow a few bucks? I'll make it up to you!"
I mean like hanging out watching movies, talking about everyday problems, maybe even going to get a bite to eat from time to time. You know, a friend. Or do previous "relations" interfere with that? Do expectations of "have money, will bone" get in the way?
As I get to know people here I see a lot of personalities and senses of humor that mesh well, and I'd hate to think it's being faked as an attempt to score a session by either party. What do you ladies and gentlemen think?
Personally I'd love to have a real friend that happens to be a provider, not a provider that is sometimes a friend.
Yes. It's possible. Is it probable? Nope. That's not to say there aren't genuine hobbyist/provider friendships in this community but the vast majority of clients ladies see are not "friends". They may like them as people but friendship is far deeper than familiarity and comfort.
bmoore, you're right to ask this question. It's something probably every gentleman has pondered. I'm one of the very few on the board who really believes it is possible to make a few friends around here; although, I will tell you that Johnny's view is correct. It is not probable. Meaning, the odds are against it.

That being said, I will tell you that I have a few friends, of the female persuasion, who I met in the hobby. We do hang out some. But we can't be as open as normal because there are things I must not disclose to her, and her to me.

Don't give up hope. If you want to find it, you will. I'm just suggesting you'll have to look a little harder than, say, at church.

All the best.
Yes. It's possible. Is it probable? Nope. Originally Posted by johnnylongcaulking
Even more likely, it might work for a while and then go south eventually. But then, that happens in real life, too.
Depends on the provider...

Some view the guys they see as clients only, some are open to friendships etc if it happens or there is a chemistry.

Do they work? No more or no less than in real life, well maybe a bit less because of the fidelity issue and her job but that's also dependent upon the people involved.

An observation from way to many years around this place. Those successful friendships and relationships that do happen you rarely hear about in the forums. The ones that get plastered all over the place with retirement or 'relationship' announcements typically crash before too long.

Happy and long-term relationships do happen, so do long lasting friendships though.
I have had a few friendly relationships in the past but don't go around looking for it, if it happens it happens. Not all of the relationships I had were ever consummated with BCD. I met some at socials or through other friends.
It's possible. It all depends on the circumstances of all aprties involved. Check out the thread asking how people's valentines were. There is a provider there that has posted about how she and this one client spent valentines together and she had all whole story to it. I would say what she described as a friendship at the very least. It is total possible, but for most such a friendship would have limitations. For it not to both parties would have to have no strings at all outside the friendship. I would imagine the married men may have difficulty making such friendships work without the wifey picking up on it.

And since no providers themselves have posted yet, I'll point out that a couple of them have mentioned how they made friends they met through the hobby. Making a friend in the hobbyis a lot like outside it, as in you never know when it might happen but good times are to be had when it does. Or atleast that's how it works for me. Half my friends I look at and think "Just how did I meet this person again?" On time it was at a bus stop.
Yep, very possible and happening.

I have several male friends that I were either clients and we are now ONLY friends in real Life or....

I have a select few I have never been with BCD because it would be weird for me and we are strickly friends.

The best friendship I had was with a Hobbyist.
We actually made it known a few months ago that we were "officially dating and together and making future plans"...

Without putting our business out there, I just recently ended our Relationship.

Will we get that friendship back?
...when monkeys fly out my ass MAYBE, but I doubt it!

So yes, it happens...sometimes it works...just depends...IMO

Good Luck to You and value the friendship...Trust me, its more meaningful than a relationship!

Emily of the old board days and I were good friends. She had a fondness for Russia and would live vicariously through me when I went. It was never weird having the hobby as the third person in the room.
Good Luck to You and value the friendship...Trust me, its more meaningful than a relationship! Originally Posted by berkleigh

So true Berk.
Absolutely no way. We are all robots, not human.
It is very possible. It has happened with me but the sex MUST stop and we become real friends.
Yep, very possible and happening.

I have several male friends that I were either clients and we are now ONLY friends in real Life or....

I have a select few I have never been with BCD because it would be weird for me and we are strickly friends.

The best friendship I had was with a Hobbyist.
We actually made it known a few months ago that we were "officially dating and together and making future plans"...

Without putting our business out there, I just recently ended our Relationship.

Will we get that friendship back?
...when monkeys fly out my ass MAYBE, but I doubt it!

So yes, it happens...sometimes it works...just depends...IMO

Good Luck to You and value the friendship...Trust me, its more meaningful than a relationship!

Originally Posted by berkleigh
J5s loss is our gain imho. But I am sorry for your heartache. Next time I am in town again maybe I can cheer you up a little beautiful.
Yes, once out of all of the Providers I've seen. We just clicked. Easy to talk with, loved listening to her voice and the way she'd pronounce certain words (East Texas country girl accent that made my heart jump), very relaxing when we were together but it could turn into an all out lovefest in a snap. Loved hanging out at a nearby Dairy Queen sharing a dip one about twice a week after the sun set in Summer (fuck she looked good in a tank top and frilly skirt!).

Never found that in another Provider. Most are friendly enough, more business than anything else tho. Funny how I could see myself with my friend on another level but nowadays my focus when I'm with one of the many beautiful Providers her in Dallas my goal is more focused and has an end each time I see her.
Depends on the provider...

Some view the guys they see as clients only, some are open to friendships etc if it happens or there is a chemistry.

Do they work? No more or no less than in real life, well maybe a bit less because of the fidelity issue and her job but that's also dependent upon the people involved.

An observation from way to many years around this place. Those successful friendships and relationships that do happen you rarely hear about in the forums. The ones that get plastered all over the place with retirement or 'relationship' announcements typically crash before too long.

Happy and long-term relationships do happen, so do long lasting friendships though. Originally Posted by TexasDave555
+1