Being a self employed newbie sucks for screning

Still looking to get my feet wet in hobbying but it's hard finding a provider who doesn't require references, and getting set up as screened by some sites requires you list your employment, and if you work for yourself that doesn't help. I totally understand the need for screening for safety, so I'm not questioning it at all. REALLY would not like to have to play BP roulette. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?
  • iggy
  • 11-16-2014, 04:55 PM
There are some newbie friendly providers. they have their own set of reference checks. the challenge is check all the ads see if you can figure out which ones are friendly

Iggy
Hm, interesting. I guess I'll have to scour the ads a little more
It's been 6 months since you tried to get your feet wet last. no luck? What have you tried so far?

Peace
PK
Not a lot of opportunity. Free time was really limited. In the slow season now for my business so I can get away a little for a change
Not a lot of opportunity. Free time was really limited. In the slow season now for my business so I can get away a little for a change Originally Posted by saratogaphoto
What have you tried so far?
PK
It is hard to get that first meet under your belt and over. Remember read, read, read.!!!!

Confusion is what happens right before you learn something and also know that, Wherever you go you always leave a foot print............
What have you tried so far?
PK Originally Posted by Loki Pk
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

PK
I won't throw a lot of screening practices out there but i've had no issue screening someone self-employed in the past.