Police Chief Mark Kessler suspension continues indefinitely

If you don't know who this guy is, here is a Young Turks video that show snippets of his various "rantings" and carrying on.

One has to wonder if this guy is mentally ill.

Here is the main article on his indefinite suspension. The Patriot News article
Chiefs of police are like football coaches .. there are 2 types ...

Those who are hired and those who have been fired. The buck stops with the Chief (of police).
Chiefs of police are like football coaches .. there are 2 types ...

Those who are hired and those who have been fired. The buck stops with the Chief (of police). Originally Posted by LexusLover
This guy has some crazy youtube videos. Apparently they caught the attention of the media and embarrassed the crap out of his town / locals.

I went on youtube and did a search and came up 3-4 of them, watched a couple, and thought, wow this guy has some major anger issues. But what is even scarier is his altercation in a bar where he ended up shooting himself. I guess I don't understand how someone like this gets hired for such a job.
I guess I don't understand how someone like this gets hired for such a job. Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
It depends on the state standards and requirements, as well as the "city's/county's" requirements, as well as departmental policy. Some have psych screening .. some don't.

How does a guy get accepted into the military who subsequently shoots a bunch of unarmed servicemembers during a rampage? ..... then teenagers doing the same thing.

Sometimes it's politics ... sometimes ... errors in judgment that desire to be covered up.