Gettin out of work

• Trey
  • 03-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Say you want an extended time off you know your job wouldn't give. Maybe you're a bit depressed, maybe you feel sick. Is there something you say or a favorable doc you see to get you time off? I'm just askin ya know, for the hell of it, shoot me a pm if best.
Most employers would give time off for mental issues (depression as u stated) as such is a very sensitive topic and they wouldnt want an unstable employee at the work place for saftey reasons. Go to a phsycologist, tell em how u feel, request that they give u a note for time off, take that to HR and request fmla... now the big question i cant answer for u is if ull have paid time off or not.
Quit
So you are depressed... and you need time off...
We will think about it... and let you know...
You will be fired , laid off or whatever
Nobody wants a worker who might go 'Postal ' That is come with a gun and shoot everybody
Nowadays they don't even have to give a reason why they are firing you.
Honestly it depends on how understanding your boss is babe. Got any vacation time or anything? Do what you need to do to be happy, everyone needs a break once in awhile!
  • Trey
  • 03-06-2019, 01:56 AM
Most employers would give time off for mental issues (depression as u stated) as such is a very sensitive topic and they wouldnt want an unstable employee at the work place for saftey reasons. Go to a phsycologist, tell em how u feel, request that they give u a note for time off, take that to HR and request fmla... now the big question i cant answer for u is if ull have paid time off or not. Originally Posted by mr2tymes
This sounds fine, getting paid for it is not needed. Just want the time. I dont think they can fire you for depression and seeking help.
You could just tell your doc you got the...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKgTQHgTwlE
Texas is a right to work state. You can be fired for any reason, even no reason at all.
Texas is a right to work state. You can be fired for any reason, even no reason at all. Originally Posted by Oilmano

The last employer I worked for had about 700 employees. HR was a fucking nightmare. They acted like we were going to get sued for wrongful termination anytime we wanted to dump some dead weight. I'd ask about Texas being right to work and I'd get a lecture about letting them do their jobs.

Texas is a very employer friendly state. Last year I had a terminated employee try to extort some money from me saying I owed her something she didn't earn. Couple thousand dollars was all. Petty really. I told my lawyer to make it go away and she was authorized to spend up to $1999 to do so. A letter was all it took. TWC wouldn't give the employee the time of day because all they had to do was look at the denied unemployment claim.

The only consequence the employer faces is the former employee is unemployment claims increasing their SUI rate. Document, document, document!

Now, if you can come up with something covered by FMLA(A medical certification for instance) you'd have some protection for 12 weeks but be careful what you ask for. That medical certification will stay with your medical records and could be used against you at a later date.
It depends on your employer, your boss, your work reputation and the business climate. Hell, I knew a woman who wasn't that well thought of but she was 'working from home' from 4 states away. Eventually, she was let go with a 'package' but it took years.

If you are working for some pissant company and aren't the MVP then you're fucked.

Your avatar tells me you are in the latter situ. Turn off the TV and internet, get laid and enjoy life.
FMLA as stated above. Just ask for the info from your HR manager.
Quit whining....suck it up, be a man and get your ass back to work....(Those who know remember that this is the advice the ol’ man would have handed down).....smh
Use vacation time or quit your job. Employers HR talk with other employers HR, word will get around.

If you walk into HR with a letter it will be documented in you HR file.
Trey first and foremost my heart goes out to you. Whatever is going on in your life has got to be devastating for you to come here for advice . First, foook FMLA especially for mental issues, once that label gets in your permanent job record it will be hell moving forward in that company. I
would exhaust PTO and sick time, holiday time etc. If I still didn't feel right I would come back and put my two weeks in and start looking for other employment. Getting laid would be the last thing on my mind. Pussy is a very temporary solution. Eat better, stop drinking alcohol if you do, get lots of sun, exercise more, take up yoga and or meditation, spend more time with your children, go for long walks in the park, feed the ducks etc. Don't oversleep or get not enough rest. Volunteer at a shelter, food bank or hospital to get out of a funk.Just some basic suggestions without knowing or wanting to know your situation. This is solely my opinion and how I handle my life. You seem like a straight up guy and I wish you the best. I second the thought that the internet is not the place. Life is full of insensitive assholes and the number increases online. Best of wishes to you sir. God bless. Shine Da Great. Tooodlez.....
Take whether leave.
Whether they like it or not.
It’s easier asking forgiveness than permission.