Healthcare for providers?

I find it interesting that no one in the healthcare field offers services for these ladies in the "profession". In addition to the obvious special women's services they need, indeed they are in need of healthcare for their routine wellness exams and more urgent care for routine illness calls. The need for screening for hypertension, cholestrol, heart disease, thyriod disease are needed for anyone over 25. I am sure that encompasses alot of the girls here. I am also sure they might be in need of care occasionally for their children and SO's. Being in the healthcare field, I understand the need for discretion, outlined under the hippocratic oath proviso, but the need for compassionate healthcare to these special women cannot be underestimated. I know there are other doctors, PA's, Nurse practioners (yes there are male NP's) on this site that are willing to provide quality, compassionate and private/discretionary care to the providers here. Time to chime in medical professionals. Let's help out.
  • Kloie
  • 10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
That is so nice.
Not to disparage your suggestion, but providers have the same access to health care as everyone else. All you have to do is buy a private insurance policy. I have one that I pay about $140 a month for, and it's more than paid for itself.

And I don't need discreet or anonymous care. I go to a regular gynecologist like everyone else who knows what I do for a living. They're doctors--there's no reason to keep any secrets.

I know you're trying to be nice, but perpetuating the myth that we're oppressed and can't get access to things everyone else can is misguided. I have great healthcare that I think is affordable for most providers. If it's not, they simply have to do one extra half hour session a month to pay for it.
Wow, lily? That was not my intent at all! As a matter of fact, quite the opposite. I'm sure you are a very capable young lady. However, let's be honest. Health insurance for families is quite expensive. In my profession, I see people everyday who have very capable abilities, mainstream jobs, and bank accounts and yet cannot afford medical insurance. Occasionally, bad things happen to good people and Illness strikes. I was just expressing the opinion that there are medical professionals here that can provide care to the needs of these ladies and their families. Yes, complete honesty with your medical provider is the crux of complete care.
I would be interested to know about both of the comments here. I have a client who I used to serve as a medical courier, although we never met in my capacity as a courier. I would never overstep my bounds and ask him to do an exam on me. Lily, if you could send me a PM about what insurance carrier you have, I would greatly appreciate it. To do the cash and carry for a doctors appointment is a bit much!
Alanymous, I thank you for bringing the subject to light.
good point and getting insurance for yourself is expensive when you are self employed. Big companies get serious discounts for having so many employees sign up with a insurance company and the under dog gets ripped off. Any way it goes, we get fuked. lol