Term limits?

The Senate is making a big deal that they are actually going to work 2 weeks in August instead of taking the month off. Fuck, why not take the year off, they don't accomplish anything anyways. McCain can't vote because he has a blood clot in his head. Did he really have to run for another term? He seems out of it most of the time. Some of these people have been around for 30,40,50 years.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/Biog...st_serving.htm

Reminds me of Joe Paterno and Bear Bryant. Don't know when to quit.
The Senate is making a big deal that they are actually going to work 2 weeks in August instead of taking the month off. Fuck, why not take the year off, they don't accomplish anything anyways. McCain can't vote because he has a blood clot in his head. Did he really have to run for another term? He seems out of it most of the time. Some of these people have been around for 30,40,50 years.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/Biog...st_serving.htm

Reminds me of Joe Paterno and Bear Bryant. Don't know when to quit. Originally Posted by bambino
are you dissing Bear Bryant??? some people will take is you with him on his coaching tenure. I haven't heard any problems with him coaching his team to a number of championships in his senior years.

On Joe Paterno, he should have quit when it became obvious he no longer had his *game*.

John McCain, I agree with you that idiot has a blood clot in his brain.

His role in the Russian dossier thing should be a very good reason for him to resign but the fool won't.

Pelosi is losing it big time.
I do think there should be term limits. 20 years max in ANY capacity in government (politics). Whether its at the city, state or federal level. PERIOD.

As to all their damn time off, imo THEY SHOULD GET no more 'holiday' time than members of the US military get.. 30 days a year, plus all federal holidays..
You got what you wanted, RWWipes.
are you dissing Bear Bryant??? some people will take is you with him on his coaching tenure. I haven't heard any problems with him coaching his team to a number of championships in his senior years.

On Joe Paterno, he should have quit when it became obvious he no longer had his *game*.

John McCain, I agree with you that idiot has a blood clot in his brain.

His role in the Russian dossier thing should be a very good reason for him to resign but the fool won't.

Pelosi is losing it big time. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Look, Bryant and Paterno were great coaches. Bryant feared he would die if he quit coaching. That was true for both of them. Bryant didn't win a NC is last 14yrs at Bama. Do you really think his players related to him in the final 5 years? Anyway, most Senators stay way too long. And the last 20years they have been worthless.
You got what you wanted, RWWipes. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It goes for both parties you stupid pig. Fienstiens up for re election. She's fucking 84. Maybe it's time for her to step down. Kaitlyn Jenner is interested in running. As a Republican! Californians will be so confused. Just like you. Stupid fucking pig.
Fienstiens up for re election. Originally Posted by bambino
She shouldn't have been elected in the first place. Over the years she has grown hawkish, pro-intel, and pro-military, which is some redemption for her outrageous Mayoral election when she first ran. But actually, now that I put the two together ...

her reasonable stance on "enhanced" interrogation techniques is consistent with her promise to the gay community in San Francisco not to close their torture chambers if she were elected, and to hire a "gay" chief of police as well.
I do think there should be term limits. 20 years max in ANY capacity in government (politics). Whether its at the city, state or federal level. PERIOD.

As to all their damn time off, imo THEY SHOULD GET no more 'holiday' time than members of the US military get.. 30 days a year, plus all federal holidays.. Originally Posted by garhkal

20 years is too long. it shouldn't be max.

12 years is about right for each office.

every office is different and there is a learning curve involved that takes about 1-2 years to be proficient in their system.
T McCain can't vote because he has a blood clot in his head. Originally Posted by bambino
I thought you were joking about John Mccain's brain blood clot.

apparently he is undergoing an operation to remove the blood clot in his brain. I heard it on the radio when the TJ were discussing the reason for the delay in senate health care bill.
  • WTF
  • 07-17-2017, 10:11 AM
We need a revolution. A bloody one.

But term limits would be good. We should have higher voter participation. If you are not in jail, you should be able to vote. More people should be invested in the system them just the politically connected.
I am confused. When a senator runs for president they are not there to vote, why is this any different. Oh yeah prune faced Mitch needs all the support her can get. Term limits now and one other thing. If a sitting senator or governor runs for President or is tape as a running mate they should be forced to resign their current office.
I am confused. When a senator runs for president they are not there to vote, why is this any different. Oh yeah prune faced Mitch needs all the support her can get. Term limits now and one other thing. If a sitting senator or governor runs for President or is tape as a running mate they should be forced to resign their current office. Originally Posted by Jeffrey Spaulding
If I apply for a job to replace the one I have, should I be forced to resign the one I have before I get hired for the other one?
I am confused. When a senator runs for president they are not there to vote, why is this any different. Oh yeah prune faced Mitch needs all the support her can get. Term limits now and one other thing. If a sitting senator or governor runs for President or is tape as a running mate they should be forced to resign their current office. Originally Posted by Jeffrey Spaulding
If I apply for a job to replace the one I have, should I be forced to resign the one I have before I get hired for the other one? Originally Posted by LexusLover
the answer is no.

however, some states (not many, maybe 1 or 2) do require that you resign from your current position to run for another office.

I think Kentucky was one of those states. Had some issue with Senator Rand Paul running for another office while he was in current office.
  • WTF
  • 07-17-2017, 12:48 PM
If I apply for a job to replace the one I have, should I be forced to resign the one I have before I get hired for the other one? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes....if running for the other job takes you away from your duties of the first.

And running for President is a full time job.

So yes in this case of how the question was asked.

Which was not the question you answered.

Another distortion from you LexyLiar.
The term limit for Representatives is 2 years. If you do n ot like how they do things, vote them out.
Senators have a term limit of 6 years. If you do not like them vote them out.

The 17th amendment needs to be repealed and the selection of Senators needs to come from the state legislators and not from a popular vote. The representatives get the popular vote and represent the people of their district.
Senators represent the state and should be appointed by the state.

The really sad thing is that we actually encourage people, that do not have a clue about anything at all, to vote. I encourage them to stay home and play on their cell phones.