Need homeowner's insurance claim public adjuster or attorney for 2 claims- one roof, one flood

Need help with REFERRAL for homeowner's insurance claim PUBLIC ADJUSTER or ATTORNEY for 2 claims- one roof, one flood

If anyone knows or does work for these types of companies. Please help. :'(

I made a claim mid November 2020 for roof damage & a leak to my home. My homeowner's insurance allowed for repairs for wind damage but are not covering the entire roof but it needs replaced. They also covered for some interior repairs due to a leak caused by "wind" as well as a replacement of a shed due to hail damage. But will not do a replacement even though it's needed and warranted.

On February 17th, last week, it flooded. So, now, that'll be an entirely separate issue and claim.

I have been working with a public adjuster since January 28th, 2021, in regards to the initial roof claim from November 2020 and have had a very difficult time getting responses and updates from him about that claim.

Now he is busy acquiring new commercial property paying jobs from this most recent weather that obviously pay more.

If anyone knows or does work for these types of companies. Please help. :'(

I know I've met someone from these forums and in person that is or works for an attorney that handles these types of claims.
Moved to correct forum
Have you tried calling your insurance company to see about any movement? They should be able to pull up notes to see what's going on
  • RPHA
  • 02-27-2021, 08:52 AM
Without knowing your policy or the results of the inspection, there could be a few things going on.

Most likely though the reason they did not allow for a full roof replacement even though it may be needed is that the "undamaged" portion of the roof that was not affected by the wind damage is just worn and torn from age.

The whole roof may need to be replaced due to age but as far as the insurance is concern they are only pay for "covered damage" per the policy base on the covered perils.

Depending on how your roof is structured you could make the argument that they would at least owe for the roof slope that sustain damaged to be replaced due to repairs not being able to be done given the condition of the roof.
Ms. Lust I just text U
I had similar issues until I found contractor who took over, met with the adjuster, and wound up doubling what they would cover. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the contractor.
  • BLM69
  • 03-03-2021, 02:35 PM
I would think Google would be more successful instead of a hooker board when researching anything non hobby related
sweetness I pm'd you with no response
been there done that many times
if you need sum1 to handle any and all your insurance needs
with references about my ability to get the work done professionally
here I am
Before you hire an attorney or PA, there are a couple of other steps you can opt for - request a reinspect from the insurance company and have your contracted roofer meet with him to discuss damage. You can also invoke what is known as the appraisal process where the insurance company hires a third party appraiser to meet with you contractor, inspect the property, and come to an agreed scope. If you don't come to an agreed scope, it will be sent to an umpire who weighs both estimates and renders a final decision. Often goes in favor of insured, insurance has to accept, and is better process than an attorney or PA which will cost you money. About your flood claim, unless there is a hole in the roof or broken window due to storm damage that allowed falling rain to enter your home, there is no coverage for flood under any homeowners policy. Pooling, ponding, run-off or accumulation of water due to overflowing rivers, lakes, or whatever is only covered by a FEMA issued flood policy underwitten by the NFIP.
Careful with the appraisal process. Mist homeowners and contractors get skinned in that process. The insurance company does it thousands and thousands of times a year. The homeowner does it once in his life. But it’s in the policy and yiu can be forced into it. Which is why you’ll likely not find any lawyers who handle these claims. No jury, no justice.
  • BLM69
  • 03-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Seems like the OP left you guys talking among yourselves
blah blah blah
Seems like the OP left you guys talking among yourselves Originally Posted by BLM69
I'm still working on it all...
Hi, I had roof damage due to hail and contacted a contractor who came out and did his own assessment, he told me that my roof wasn't damanged enough to get totally replaced and to wait for the next hail storm, which I did. He came back out and did his assessment and determined it was time. I call my insurance company who scheduled a visit, my contractor had 2 guys come out at the same time and showed him all the damage that needed to be covered, I got a new roof, gutters, garage door, fences stained, etc. If you think this process would work for you, PM me and I will send you my contractor's contact info.
I would recommend getting a proper lawyer or adjuster. You may look for some names here lifeinsuranceblog.net. They also offer more options for insurance. This case may take too long to do yourself. You need to be sure that you will get your house repairs done as quickly as possible. I would call the insurance company and ask them to come and look once again and talk to the adjuster. They should understand that you will go until you are serious about getting your money back. Hope you and your house are alright now and that the insurance companies did what they had to do.