What stops the police from busting everyone?

So, ok. Please don't misunderstand. I think HPD should put their resources into serious crimes, and basically defund their "vice" squad or keep it to a minimal size. From a utilization of resources, $1 spent to try to solve a murder is better than $1 spent to bust a hooker or illegal poker den.

With that said, there's a group of HPD who's job it is to bust hookers. So, they can register on the same websites we use. They can see the same listings and phone numbers that we see. So...uh...just schedule an appointment, show up, and slap on the cuffs? What stops them? Sure, there's the "Basic plus 2" system. Can't they just arrest 2 girls, and have a female officer impersonate the hooker used as "reference" to bust the next one, using their seized phones?

Frankly, if you think about it, HPD must feel something similar to what we do. They do bust people, but it doesn't seem to be nearly the number that they are physically capable of arresting. It seems more like these occasional busts are sort of propaganda on behalf of HPD, where they find the seediest, shoddiest looking den of open hookers in Houston, and bust them, showing that they have "done something", "drugs on the table" style.
Deep thoughts ... by Jack Handy....
Deep thoughts ... by Jack Handy.... Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Cuz the police are mostly normal dudes. If there are actually underage girls involved- that's where the focus is, and should be. Me in my 40s hooking up with a lady in her 20s with zero coercion, no drugs, not bothering anyone, not going in/out of a suburban strip mall, etc they really just aren't too concerned.
these occasional busts are sort of propaganda on behalf of HPD Originally Posted by Habeed
Ya thinck?
It's called screening on behalf of the providers that actually do it.
Cops don't have legitimate references.
Wow...
"The best way to get rid of a bad law is to strictly enforce it"
ABRAHAM LINCOLN

"Don't believe any quote attributed to me on the internet"
ALSO, ABRAHAM LINCOLN
  • WTF
  • 11-23-2015, 12:18 PM
It's called screening on behalf of the providers that actually do it.
Cops don't have legitimate references. Originally Posted by beam me up scotty
Cops infiltrated the Mob yet you think they can not infiltrate hookerdumb?

Cops do not have infinite resources to keep any deep cover operation like that going on. It's a time waster & the return in seized money & poperty is extremely low. Think about. some cop Has to get paid trolling a site, buying hotels, spots, etc. to catch 1 or 2. As opposed to just busting whore houses & broads n johns on the street which takes little effort. They'll do an internet sting once in awhile that'll catch 1 or 2 Publicize it. Get everyone riled up. Then they'll go back to eating doughnuts. Don't get your tits in a tizzy.
Cops infiltrated the Mob yet you think they can not infiltrate hookerdumb?

. Originally Posted by WTF
No money in it for a misdemeanor conviction.
Shit...I know a cop who has more P411 Okays than I do...
Not enough jail space for the most part.
Some providers and a few johns know how to keep from incriminating themselves.
The federal dollars they are getting will not stretch that far.

These are just a few of the reasons.
  • bon69
  • 11-24-2015, 07:25 AM
Probably the US Constitution's Fourth Amendment.
Dunkin Donuts.