Any hikers?

Finally ordering my copy of The Waterfalls of Arkansas.

What are the best waterfalls in Northwest Arkansas? Feel free to share pics if you've been!

Get your Chaco's ready, Danielle! Let's go!!
Attached Images File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (53.9 KB, 374 views)
Oh that sounds fun. I haven't seen any waterfalls yet
If you are on FB, there is a group called "The Waterfalls of Arkansas". Many beautiful pictures of Arkansas waterfalls there.
If you are on FB, there is a group called "The Waterfalls of Arkansas". Many beautiful pictures of Arkansas waterfalls there. Originally Posted by VBBear
Yes, I am in that group!
Ginger. Take that vacation you've spoke about to the eastern Sierras in California. Most beautiful hikes you will ever take! Fly into Reno/Tahoe and drive down! Amazing!
Hemmed in hollow is a great hike.
I try to get to the Buffalo River trails anytime I can. Love hiking.
I have done the Ouachita Trail and Ozark Highlands both end to end. Working on plans for trails in Spain and Argentina. My favorite two waterfalls on open hiking trails in Arkansas are the one half way through the 7 Hollows trail at Petit Jean Park (not remote and not a huge fall- but in the hollow it is beautiful there and makes a great background) and the stream that is about 4 miles west of Rt. 7 on the Ouchita Trail. It is not exactly a fall, but loses about 100 feet over a quarter of a mile and as peaceful and gorgeous a place as there is on the planet. Both a little too crowded (since they are so easy to get to)... but still.
There's a place called the glory hole. Honest it is called that. It is a hole in the rock where the water runs through. Really nice. You can probably Google it for directions
Glory Hole looks like a great place for a photoshoot
I love to hike, backpack, camp, etc. (Remember the YURT thread?)

You did good picking a book by Tim Ernst. He writes the most comprehensive guidebooks on hiking and backpacking in Arkansas.
overnights?
overnights? Originally Posted by notequiteatroll
Oh, what an excellent idea! A camping overnight near a waterfall!

That's a bucket list adventure.

I like the way your mind works, Mr. Troll.
If a trip to the Sierra's is in bounds- some of the best hiking in the country is in Yosemite. Half Dome and El Capitan are great day hikes- if alittle croded. Nothing like the view to the valley floor from Half Dome- and great water falls abound.

If you have time and are willing to carry a bear box, the back country is all but empty once you get 20 miles or so from the trail head- especially in the trails that run out of the Wawona area. FAR fewer day hikers.

I have fond memories of an old girlfriend who was REALLY LOUD, a camp hammock and 10 days in the back country at Yosemite- far enough out to know we would be alone (except for the bears).

Excuse me... I have to go take a shower now....
Oh, what an excellent idea! A camping overnight near a waterfall!

That's a bucket list adventure.

I like the way your mind works, Mr. Troll. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll

and watch for shooting stars!

how bout a date in the bed of a pickup?
and watch for shooting stars!

how bout a date in the bed of a pickup? Originally Posted by notequiteatroll
I would hate to live up to the Saturday Night Live stereotype.

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/5/...n-maya-rudolph