Statistic's question

Zero chance...there is no correct answer up there. If 25% had been there one time, that would be the correct answer, but putting it there twice blows that.
B because you have a 2 choices that would be right if you randomly guessed therefore you have a 50 % chance to choose 25% which would be the right answer so therefore a 50% chance to guess write.
Originally Posted by tia travels

The "Fluid mind"... does not understand....
B because you have a 2 choices that would be right if you randomly guessed therefore you have a 50 % chance to choose 25% which would be the right answer so therefore a 50% chance to guess write. Originally Posted by fetishfreak
I think you nailed it.
I want to punch someone......
ff, you are incorrect. You only have a 50% chance of guessing correctly if 25% is in fact the correct answer. But it could be either of the other two as well. The correct answer is not one of the choices.
Zero chance...there is no correct answer up there. If 25% had been there one time, that would be the correct answer, but putting it there twice blows that. Originally Posted by sooner70
It utilizes circular logic to trick you, but working through it systematically will help you figure this out. 60% is incorrect since there are four possible answers each representing 25%. Since there are two 25%s the chance of choosing that would be 50% and there is only one 50% so the chance of choosing that, should it be the right answer, is 25%. Thus neither is correct. So if you choose an answers at random, the chance of choosing the right one is 0%. Sooner70 could have explained it better, but he is correct. Pretty tricky huh?
the real question is, do you feel more like you do now than you did before?
^^Here you go Gipper4, have at him.
It utilizes circular logic to trick you, but working through it systematically will help you figure this out. 60% is incorrect since there are four possible answers each representing 25%. Since there are two 25%s the chance of choosing that would be 50% and there is only one 50% so the chance of choosing that, should it be the right answer, is 25%. Thus neither is correct. So if you choose an answers at random, the chance of choosing the right one is 0%. Sooner70 could have explained it better, but he is correct. Pretty tricky huh? Originally Posted by austxjr
I know you think you understand what you believe I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard wasn't exactly what I meant...

My name is Chicago K9, and I approved this message.
SNL, what were you drinking? I want some!
I thinck she has been ingesting too many grass clippings.
I thinck she has been ingesting too many grass clippings. Originally Posted by pyramider
or too many taint fumes.