Hotels have gone down

so my little rent house may not be available when i come to midland this time so I had to check out hotel prices . very good to see that hotels like the marriot chains which use to be $261 a night is now 95 bucks a night .. if you go on hotels.com you can see the old prices and the now prices true for the hilton chain hamptons all the good chains not just good on that site bit on the chain itself site.

DOes that mean business is not as good as before?

I know oil is down good news is no matter low or high the (lady) business is always in demand.
good news on the hotel prices very good news
Yes, Mid/Ode is in a dip right now. There have been thousands of layoffs and people are starting to act scared with their money. Typical cyclical behavior.
San Angelo has dropped too
Last couple of trips I came to Mid/Odessa. I noticed a lot of newer hotels and construction being built. So, there are many supply/demands. Prices will go down eventually! Good to know that next time I come during the week it wouldn't be a problem to find a nice hotel at affordable prices.
yeah Marriot with triple A 95 bucks all of them even the residence the Grand Texan advertised at 107 but still is 137 when you try to book the 107 price it says they are sold out but can get a a room at 137.
Well we will soon find out how hanky the workers are with the down fall I'm headed that way not staying long actually going to visit friends and see regulars . SUre never thought I would come to visit Misland other than the reason of the oil boom..LOL But in that oil boom I met some fantastic people I call friends so Midland here I come..LOL