the Eagles best songs

With all the talent in that band, the most unusual thing may be the 2 bass players they
had both had high voices, and each of them had 1 monster song. Take It to the Limit and
I can't tell you why.
I also like Already Gone
Hotel California, my favorite.
Seven Bridges Road

Well most will think the "best" are their hits that were played on the radio, but there are some gems I particularly like "Train Leaves Here This Morning" from their debut album..... "Certain Kind of Fool" and "Saturday Night" from the Desperado album, ..... and from the On the Border album, "My Man" and my personal favorite of them all "Ol'55" .....
Life in the fast lane, Victim of love, Hotel California, Joe Walsh influence was the best thing to happen to them. Otherwise they would of meandered with the slow ass country bumpkin stuff.
Great topic Vitaman.

The Eagles are my favorite! And to me the greatest ever!

My favorite out of all their hits and the lesser known is Lying eyes! That song sums up women.
The Last Resort is also one of my favorites

Saw them in concert in 1994 in San Antonio.

Joe Walsh is God.
To come up with a replacement lead guitarist like Don Felder was unreal. It is like if the Beatles found George Harrison after being together for awhile. Just like the Beatles, the Eagles had great harmony, could write good songs that were very "musical". Then adding Felders ability to add complimentary solos made the songs great........New Kid in Town a great example
Too bad Glenn Fry and Don Felder couldnt get along. Don Felder and Joe were awesome together
  • opus
  • 07-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Funk #49 is technically a James Gang tune, but the Eagles do a nice job of it.
Vince Gill was a brilliant move. Didnt realize he was more than a great voice til I saw them on their last tour. Deacons Frey why a novelty but nice to see and he did a good job. Don Henley wrote some very poingnant lyrics whether they were directed at Glen Frey or just life and society in general. Hotel California was a good example as were some of the song on The Long Run but I think Long Road out of Eden may very well be his opus. Timothy B Schmidt had an incredible voice. He's lost some.of that pitch lately. What is unappreciated about their music as a whole is that extra voice that comes into play when they are harmonizing. Zach Brown band has been know for that but the Eagles were doing it before it was cool. Seven Bridges Road a capella is a great example. There is a good biography on them, their struggle to find their identity and more importantly their decision to give David Geffen the finger. That was when they finally came into their own.
Hotel California
From what I read, Randy had to struggle to hit the last very high notes at the end of Take It to Limit, and didn't want to sing it live very often. But Glen Frey always wanted him to perform it with the high notes, because the crowd would go crazy. That lead to Randy leaving the band.
From what I read, Randy had to struggle to hit the last very high notes at the end of Take It to Limit, and didn't want to sing it live very often. But Glen Frey always wanted him to perform it with the high notes, because the crowd would go crazy. That lead to Randy leaving the band. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Interesting, never heard that before. I bet the crowd would go crazy. It is a falsetto wail, shouldn't be too hard to reach for a guy in his mid-30's.

''best of my love'' is their best song.