Where Are the Feminists?

So, now a woman writes a book claiming that JFK used his office, his power, and alcohol to take her virginity and insist she give a blow job to his buddy while he watched when she was 19 years old.

Of course, there's no way to confirm it, no need to point to the volumes of circumstantial evidence that would make this very believable. But, I ask where are those "feminists" so quick to label Cain an asshole, and anti-abortion women like Palin a "bitch" now that the media, for the most part is scolding this woman for daring to tell here story?

Does she not get the benefit of a doubt because she's not talking about a republican? Come on now, is feminism about women and their right to be treated equitably or is it about promoting the goals of the "democratic" party?

Inquiring minds want to know.
So, now a woman writes a book claiming that JFK used his office, his power, and alcohol to take her virginity and insist she give a blow job to his buddy while he watched when she was 19 years old.

Of course, there's no way to confirm it, no need to point to the volumes of circumstantial evidence that would make this very believable. But, I ask where are those "feminists" so quick to label Cain an asshole, and anti-abortion women like Palin a "bitch" now that the media, for the most part is scolding this woman for daring to tell here story?

Does she not get the benefit of a doubt because she's not talking about a republican? Come on now, is feminism about women and their right to be treated equitably or is it about promoting the goals of the "democratic" party?

Inquiring minds want to know. Originally Posted by Iaintliein

Need I remind you it doesn't fit their Utopian idyllic universe?
  • CJ7
  • 02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
A better question ..

where were the "feminists" when JFK was using his power over women?

oh yeah, burning their bras in town square.

But I'm sure theres some point of todays "feminists" lighting that old torch.
I'm reminded of the Chris Rock routine where he said Anita Hill would have giggled receptively if Denzel Washington would have made those same remarks to her instead of Clarence Thomas.

The other part of this who is going to push NOW's pro lesbian, pro abortion agenda? Its not about "women's rights" and "equal work for equal pay" anymore. Republicans will stand up for women's rights but they won't garner the organization's support.

"Enlightened" Liberal Dems can say what they want, just like black Dems can make any stupid racial statement with impunity. They have NOWs support because they are promoting their agenda. To be honest, when Bill Maher called Palin a "twat" on national TV NOW eventually gave a modest condemnation of the incident. But they didn't demand an apology, threaten a boycott of HBO or activate their National Emergency Broadcast Alert Machine.

I know you're smart enough to know this lien.
Remember the feminist outrage over President Clinton's affairs.
Remember the feminist outrage over President Clinton's affairs. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I never felt it was anybody's business but the Clinton's who Bill did or did not have sex with regardless of what his definition of is is.

Iaintlien,
Yes, this gal was 19, but 1962/3 was not jut a life time ago, but a world away as well. What was acceptable then would not be acceptable now. We don't do numerous things in society that we used to do. Should he have taken up with a 19 year old. No, but if it was consensual it was legal and within the confines of the times. This is just of one of millions of stories about why the Women's Movement began.

The example of Cain and his employees is different. One, the 19 year old wasn't an employee of the Kennedy's, and two, it is in an era when this took place. Like I said, this is just one of many reasons we needed the Women's Movement. And finally, Kennedy is dead. He's been dead for almost fifty years. Why not have outrage at Eisenhower for having an affair with his British driver. He even pulled all the strings to get her into the country ahead of war brides and everyone else.
I never felt it was anybody's business but the Clinton's who Bill did or did not have sex with regardless of what his definition of is is.

Iaintlien,
Yes, this gal was 19, but 1962/3 was not jut a life time ago, but a world away as well. What was acceptable then would not be acceptable now. We don't do numerous things in society that we used to do. Should he have taken up with a 19 year old. No, but if it was consensual it was legal and within the confines of the times. This is just of one of millions of stories about why the Women's Movement began.

The example of Cain and his employees is different. One, the 19 year old wasn't an employee of the Kennedy's, and two, it is in an era when this took place.
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Alford was an 'employee' to JFK just like Lewinsky was an 'employee' to Slick Willie. Both women were young, impressionable interns. During Clinton's administration, there were rules and regulations in place against such relationships. IDK about the JFK era.
Like I said, this is just one of many reasons we needed the Women's Movement. And finally, Kennedy is dead. He's been dead for almost fifty years. Why not have outrage at Eisenhower for having an affair with his British driver. He even pulled all the strings to get her into the country ahead of war brides and everyone else. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
FDR had a girl on the side also: Lucy Mercer Rutherford, his mistress of thirty-one years.
Alford was an 'employee' to JFK just like Lewinsky was an 'employee' to Slick Willie. Both women were young, impressionable interns. During Clinton's administration, there were rules and regulations in place against such relationships. IDK about the JFK era. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

I was not aware that interns are employees of the President. I thought they were unpaid "employees" of the federal government that got their positions because they come from influential families or were exceptionally bright and high-achievers.

Should the President have affairs with interns. No, but I don't care if he (She when we get one.) has an affair as long as the person in question doesn't work for him. That's just not my concern.

Do you suppose Condi and W had an affair??

FDR had a girl on the side also: Lucy Mercer Rutherford, his mistress of thirty-one years. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

They all did. That's just the nature of power. It's the ultimate aphrodisiac. Well that and long legs.
Remember the feminist outrage over President Clinton's affairs. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

they were really miffed at his raping juanita whats her name
  • CJ7
  • 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Ballin' the Boss is a national sport ... that and pouty lips

Yes, the outpouring of support for Juanita Broaderick was touching and overwhelming.