Trump Says He Heroically Avoided Capture in Vietnam by Staying in U.S.

AMES, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—President Donald Trump revealed a little-known episode of personal heroism from his youth on Saturday, telling an Iowa audience that he narrowly avoided capture in Vietnam by remaining in the United States for the duration of the war.
“The Cong were after me,” Trump said, visibly stirred by the memory. “And then, just in the nick of time, I got my deferment.”
The President said he had never shared his record as a war hero before because “I don’t like to boast.”
He said that he only disclosed the episode now because “the way this nation treats our deferment veterans is a disgrace.”
Trump complained that he received no official commendation or medal for his heroism, calling the lack of recognition “shameful.”
“Those brave Americans who, like me, avoided being captured by not serving at all—we are the true heroes,” he said.
Trump’s tale of valor appeared to move many members of his audience, some of whom waited in line after his speech to thank him for his lack of service.
AMES, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—President Donald Trump revealed a little-known episode of personal heroism from his youth on Saturday, telling an Iowa audience that he narrowly avoided capture in Vietnam by remaining in the United States for the duration of the war.
“The Cong were after me,” Trump said, visibly stirred by the memory. “And then, just in the nick of time, I got my deferment.”
The President said he had never shared his record as a war hero before because “I don’t like to boast.”
He said that he only disclosed the episode now because “the way this nation treats our deferment veterans is a disgrace.”
Trump complained that he received no official commendation or medal for his heroism, calling the lack of recognition “shameful.”
“Those brave Americans who, like me, avoided being captured by not serving at all—we are the true heroes,” he said.
Trump’s tale of valor appeared to move many members of his audience, some of whom waited in line after his speech to thank him for his lack of service. Originally Posted by piquant
Thank you for serving in the United States instead of Vietnam Mr. President. You would have made a great General
lol
  • oeb11
  • 01-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Satire from the Borowitz Report

Not the news.

From the link

?Fake News?

Depends on the side of the ideological fence one is sitting/standing
Satire?
  • oeb11
  • 01-04-2019, 11:24 AM
sat·ire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
noun: satire
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms:mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;
Now you know........
  • oeb11
  • 01-04-2019, 03:37 PM
A thought - if the above post is intended to be mocking, it is lacking in respect, Sir.
A thought - if the above post is intended to be mocking, it is lacking in respect, Sir. Originally Posted by oeb11
Trump was a draft dodger. He was scared to go to Vietnam. He feared being killed. He has never won a fight in his whole life. He had body guards since he was 8. Trump is a coward. No disrespect
what I find funny is those of you who weren't sure it was satire, LOL..
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 09:33 AM
It is Golden Truth to the DPST's
what I find funny is those of you who weren't sure it was satire, LOL.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

+1
He avoided the Vietnamese black "plague" because he preferred the white version in the States. See Studio 54.