Using the backspace key - an important lesson in the application of ECCIE protocol

How many of you know how functional the backspace key is?

Sure, it allows you to edit typos and such. But it has a much stronger, more robust function.

Let's say you are typing a new thread, or maybe simply replying to some rant, threAD, or one of the rampant trainwrecks that seem so popular these days. Type away. Vent all that anger, hostility, frustration. Doesn't it feel great? Don't you feel so refreshed, and ready to move forward with your day?

Now, click on a spot outside of the text window you have been typing. And then hit the backspace key. VOILA! All of the crap you just finished typing has disappeared into electron space. No one will ever see it, not even the mods. No one will realize how pissed off you are, no one will realize how frustrated you are.

All of the DNS list that were soon to be populated by your handle will sit idle, waiting for the next dumb bloke to come along.

Based on numerous posts I have seen in the last week, I think a few dozen of you would have found that frequent use of the backspace key could have raised your perceived IQ around here by at least 10 points, could have kept your name off of dozens of DNS list, and saved extensive bandwidth for both you and ECCIE.

Lest you think I fail to take my own advice, I penned this little diatribe after utilizing the backspace key on probably 4-5 threads in the last week. I typed my 400+ word response, felt my blood pressure go back down to it's normal 150/80, did not take my nitro pills, and then clicked that little backspace key.

Try it, you just might find you like it.
The little red box with the "x" in the upper right corner has helped me a lot.
tigercat wrote ... "Now, click on a spot outside of the text window you have been typing. And then hit the backspace key. VOILA! All of the crap you just finished typing has disappeared into electron space."

i just did that and Voila! nothing happened.
did you be the Back Page key??

or maybe Ctrl-A, then the backspace key.

or maybe type it in Word or Notepad or on the wall, but not in an eccie window?

or better yet, just say "what a load of crap!!" and dont even type anything?

in short, think before posting.
My spell check button helps me out a lot. Lol.
Dear, you are so HOT!. And I do have to see you one of these days. But, I think you missed the point of the thread. Just saying.
My spell check button helps me out a lot. Lol. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
There has been more than once just this week that I've had to do that. Quite an effective key Mr. Backspace is....
tigercat wrote ... "Now, click on a spot outside of the text window you have been typing. And then hit the backspace key. VOILA! All of the crap you just finished typing has disappeared into electron space."

i just did that and Voila! nothing happened.
did you be the Back Page key??

or maybe Ctrl-A, then the backspace key.

or maybe type it in Word or Notepad or on the wall, but not in an eccie window?

or better yet, just say "what a load of crap!!" and dont even type anything?

in short, think before posting. Originally Posted by pmdelites
PMD,

In IE6 that I am running on this old machine, simply hitting the backspace key works. I just verified it before I replied to you.
The Ignore feature works well too.
PMD,

In IE6 that I am running on this old machine, simply hitting the backspace key works. I just verified it before I replied to you. Originally Posted by tigercat
guess it's a vintage feature.
i'm using "Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m" and the backspace doesnt do squat.
guess it's a vintage feature.
i'm using "Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m" and the backspace doesnt do squat. Originally Posted by pmdelites
I use chrome, and the backspace key works fine for me. I even tried it before replying. Maybe your computer doesn't like that function?