Counterfeit $$

Last week while at a convenience store in Pensacola, the cashier gave me a bogus $50 bill which I took and crammed into my wallet without looking at it closely. It wasn't until a few days later when, at a different store, a cashier noticed the bill I gave her was counterfeit.

So this made me think of providers who don't look at the donations and don't even pick up the bills til later when their client is leaving or has left. I'm glad my bogus bill was discovered at a convenience store, and that I didn't (unintentionally) use it for any donation.

Just wanted to post this as a word of caution.

On another note: August is National Breastfeeding Month, one of my favorite times of the year.
It happens, I think most of those providers are not that worried because they go to a near by store and pass them off as real and then now the store clerk has a problem, the store clerk eventually realizes what a pawn they may be so in retaliation they pass it back to another customer for change, and low and behold that customer needed a fifty change for the hooker date he's on his way to,,,no more 50's for me.
My girlfriend actually received a counterfeit 20 a few weeks ago. That made us start checking because before that, I never checked my money until after the appt was completed.
Good word of caution!
Just curious...how "passable" are these counterfeits? Do they feel and look good, or are they somewhat obvious?
A counterfeit pen is pretty cheap and easy to use. Sad when someone passing fake bills for pussy.
Just curious...how "passable" are these counterfeits? Do they feel and look good, or are they somewhat obvious? Originally Posted by gfesearcher
The bogus bill I got was a bad print job. If I had looked at it for more than a second I would have realized it. It turns out I got reimbursed by my homeowners insurance. (deductible didn't apply).
A basic phoney money print is just done by scanning a bill on an everyday office printer, on regular plain office paper (ink jet unit, we only use B&W printers but inkjet is very common and pretty much the standard option if you print in color) it's just a picture,,,but,,it's a serious felon if caught, your fuked, so this business we live inside of is more favourable to fakes, it's still fraud and a serious felon and should be reported to the police.
Just curious...how "passable" are these counterfeits? Do they feel and look good, or are they somewhat obvious? Originally Posted by gfesearcher
The 1 she received was actually very realistic. The only reason we were able to tell it was counterfeit was when they cut it, 1 edge wasn't completely straight so the edge/margin was a little short. It felt real and everything. I honestly think the guy may not have known. I actually didn't notice it right away.
A basic phoney money print is just done by scanning a bill on an everyday office printer, on regular plain office paper (ink jet unit, we only use B&W printers but inkjet is very common and pretty much the standard option if you print in color) it's just a picture,,,but,,it's a serious felon if caught, your fuked, so this business we live inside of is more favourable to fakes, it's still fraud and a serious felon and should be reported to the police. Originally Posted by The Grey Monster
The EURion constellation makes copying money on a scanner or copy machine impossible, so no.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EURion_constellation
I heard a rumor mind you that police sometimes use counterfeit money for drug buys. This is not confirmed but damn :P