Let's Lighten the Mood and Get To Cooking.....

When the temperature gets cool, I get in the mood to cook and bake. I was curious if any ladies enjoy cooking for the their clients. I've actually never done this and probably wouldn't because I would feel way too much pressure to make an amazing dinner, being the little perfectionist that I am. If you do make dinner for your clients, what's your go to dish

Guys, you can chime in with dishes that you like to make or dishes that you enjoy a lady making for you. (RW or Hobby)

In my RW, I love to make a spicy chili topped with shredded cheddar served over jalapeno cornbread on a Sunday afternoon to eat while watching football. Sadly, it just isn't cool enough for that yet.
Oh yummy! That sounds so good!
Steak on the BBQ. No matter the temp outside. Have cooked quite a few meals for the ladies who visit me. Normally on the overnights as there is plenty of time to cook, relax, and let your food settle before other activities.

I also make sure I have whatever their favorite drink is on hand.
When the temperature gets cool, I get in the mood to cook and bake. I was curious if any ladies enjoy cooking for the their clients. I've actually never done this and probably wouldn't because I would feel way too much pressure to make an amazing dinner, being the little perfectionist that I am. If you do make dinner for your clients, what's your go to dish

Guys, you can chime in with dishes that you like to make or dishes that you enjoy a lady making for you. (RW or Hobby)

In my RW, I love to make a spicy chili topped with shredded cheddar served over jalapeno cornbread on a Sunday afternoon to eat while watching football. Sadly, it just isn't cool enough for that yet. Originally Posted by Laura Lynn

When can we eat?
I make the best shrimp casadilas with homemade hot days earlier and a nice relish that is super delightful.

Top it off a few cold ones.
Chickenhawk, that sounds yummy. The ladies that visit with you are certainly lucky.

Verygood, do you get to cook for the ladies or is that dish strictly RW?
I love to cook!

I cook for a regular client of mine often. He usually comes by after work and I've made a variety of dishes for him.. Some have been simple, like a grilled cheese or hot dog with fries, or stuff like red beans & rice, baked chicken, or ziti. He's not picky so lucky me LOL but he has always enjoyed my food and appreciates the little things like that.

I've made a few meals for other people previously ...

Sweet BBQ Ribs
Pot roast
Meatloaf
Chicken Pot Pie

I'll adjust the recipes to add or remove particular ingredients as needed. As the food cooks, my little dog will hang around in the kitchen. The dinette set has a glass top that she'll sit under and look up to watch every bite.

With a bit of research, the best tried & true ones usually come from the test kitchens of Betty Crocker, Pepperidge Farm, Campbell's, Pillsbury, Kraft, Quaker, Sunmaid, Heinz, Hershey's, etc.

Love pecan pie? Find the recipe on the Karo syrup bottle (dark version).

Another is fudge which is listed on the Kraft marshmallow creme jars.

The seasonal pumpkin pie recipe is printed on the Luby's cans of pumpkin filling.

Speaking of pumpkin, grab as many cans as you need now because the harvest didn't turn out well due to too much rain in the northeastern states.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-a-pum...-thanksgiving/

Chili and BBQ

Add a dash of cinnamon to the sauce, brings out the flavor.

Use Sriracha for some heat.

I've made a few meals for other people previously ...

Sweet BBQ Ribs
Pot roast
Meatloaf
Chicken Pot Pie

I'll adjust the recipes to add or remove particular ingredients as needed. As the food cooks, my little dog will hang around in the kitchen. The dinette set has a glass top that she'll sit under and look up to watch every bite.

With a bit of research, the best tried & true ones usually come from the test kitchens of Betty Crocker, Pepperidge Farm, Campbell's, Pillsbury, Kraft, Quaker, Sunmaid, Heinz, Hershey's, etc.

Love pecan pie? Find the recipe on the Karo syrup bottle (dark version).

Another is fudge which is listed on the Kraft marshmallow creme jars.

The seasonal pumpkin pie recipe is printed on the Luby's cans of pumpkin filling.

Speaking of pumpkin, grab as many cans as you need now because the harvest didn't turn out well due to too much rain in the northeastern states.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-a-pum...-thanksgiving/

Originally Posted by Shea Veile
That sounds delish, especially the ribs and pot roast
I can't remember ever having a meal prepared for me at an in call. I've been fed sandwiches, fruit plate's and gone out to dinner but not a prepared meal.

I personally enjoy cooking and the Internet and Google has just increased that. During the summer I enjoy bbq'ing and smoking brisket and ribs. I've recently become enamured with pressure cooking food.
Hey LL....how's your guacamole?

I've recently become enamured with pressure cooking food. Originally Posted by blowmypop23

You might be interested in slow cookers too.

I have one of each: 5 quart, oval and 4 quart, tall round. Both have the removable ceramic basins for even cooking and easy cleaning.

Prepare and toss in the food, walk away. A few hours later, it's ready.
Voilą!

I used to use slow cooker. I made pot roast, chicken or pork chops in cream sauce etc... I remember how the chicken just fell off the bone. Nowadays though I'm hardly home and always in a rush so the pressure cooker is perfect for me. I can get that same fall of the bone chicken in 30 minutes instead of 5 hours.

I Don't like cooking boneless chicken in the pressure cooker, it comes out tougher. I've done corned beef, chicken and rice. Pot roast, ribs and they all come out tender and juicy.

Speaking of which I just noticed how hungry I am. For some reason I thought I had dinner plans so I wasn't cooking but for the life of me I can't remember where I though I was going and who I thought I was going with.

• motor
  • 10-18-2015, 04:48 PM
I have a crock pot as well and have done quite a few meals in it.I have wanted to try a pressure cooker. Seems they are much more plug and play now days.