Discussing Rates

Will someone please tell me why is it that, Some guys Still try to discuss rates when they are posted online? This always makes me really nervous especially when they are already in my room & try to talk about it. I end the phone call or session immediately. It is just not worth my safety to me. Why do some people do that? I know they're not all LE that do that but still..... I just do not risk it.
I don't know! I get pissed and tell them that any info they need is on my site...As far as I'm concerned if they are too lazy to go onto it and read it, then I don't want to see them anyways... Any experienced hobbyist knows better than to ask those sorts of questions...So I'm with you, as far as not risking it is concerned!
SO TRUE!
While I never discuss them (other than to ask what they are for someone who does NOT post them), I can tell you why many guys would discuss them: uncertainty.

There are providers out there who will run ads in various venues with different rates, who will have higher rates in an ad than on their website, or lower rates in one advertising place than in another.

Most conscientious hobbyists want to make sure the provider is paid correctly -- they especially don't want to short her, or alternately have her believe she was shorted even though she wasn't.

How can she believe she was shorted even though she wasn't? Simple. She can have an ad on CV for $350 and another ad on BP for $300. She forgets about the BP ad because she is only human and fallible. The guy shows up and pays the $300, and she believes that he shorted her $50.

If all providers had only one rate and it was always and only mentioned on a nice easy website; I suspect a lot less of this would occur.

Like I said, I don't discuss rates. But I can understand why a guy would do so.

Now, personally, this isn't a big issue for me. My feeling is that if a provider's rates leave room for confusion or ambiguity -- she doesn't know what she's doing. So I just don't see her. I only see ladies with whom I do not think such conversations as the OP describes are necessary.
@L +1

I will say that if I see 3 different rates, say P411, her website, and on ECCIE, I always contact through the least expensive site. I've been assured by most ladies that they are aware of the differences and will know the right donation to expect.

I never ask about the donation. I've done my research first.

Finally, I will say that when I first started hobbying, it seemed to me that a lot of ladies ran specials (which on ASPD tended to be posted in the weekend section). These days, it appears to me that there are a lot fewer specials being run by the ladies. The ads that tend to go up may mention a "special rate," but often times it is no different than the normal rate. More often than not that device has caused me to take a pass.
While I never discuss them (other than to ask what they are for someone who does NOT post them), I can tell you why many guys would discuss them: uncertainty.

There are providers out there who will run ads in various venues with different rates, who will have higher rates in an ad than on their website, or lower rates in one advertising place than in another.

Most conscientious hobbyists want to make sure the provider is paid correctly -- they especially don't want to short her, or alternately have her believe she was shorted even though she wasn't.

How can she believe she was shorted even though she wasn't? Simple. She can have an ad on CV for $350 and another ad on BP for $300. She forgets about the BP ad because she is only human and fallible. The guy shows up and pays the $300, and she believes that he shorted her $50.

If all providers had only one rate and it was always and only mentioned on a nice easy website; I suspect a lot less of this would occur.

Like I said, I don't discuss rates. But I can understand why a guy would do so.

Now, personally, this isn't a big issue for me. My feeling is that if a provider's rates leave room for confusion or ambiguity -- she doesn't know what she's doing. So I just don't see her. I only see ladies with whom I do not think such conversations as the OP describes are necessary. Originally Posted by Laurentius
@L +1

I will say that if I see 3 different rates, say P411, her website, and on ECCIE, I always contact through the least expensive site. I've been assured by most ladies that they are aware of the differences and will know the right donation to expect.

I never ask about the donation. I've done my research first.

Finally, I will say that when I first started hobbying, it seemed to me that a lot of ladies ran specials (which on ASPD tended to be posted in the weekend section). These days, it appears to me that there are a lot fewer specials being run by the ladies. The ads that tend to go up may mention a "special rate," but often times it is no different than the normal rate. More often than not that device has caused me to take a pass. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
+2. I will ask if uncertain. Also consider this; those of us who do research have multiple rates going through our mind. Provider X's donation is this; Provider Y's donation is this. Then factor in the 1/2 hour, full hour, and other time variable rates; one can see how easy it is to become confused. As Laurentius mentioned, I want to make sure the provider receives what she expects. Having said all that, I confirm rates prior to the date. I will never walk into the appointment and ask, "What's the rate?"
same question goes to women...why do you not all post rates? i had to ask one time and will never do it again. it was more uncomfortable than getting paper cuts between all my fingers.
same question goes to women...why do you not all post rates? i had to ask one time and will never do it again. it was more uncomfortable than getting paper cuts between all my fingers. Originally Posted by bubbaJay
Well if a provider doesn't post her rates, she can't get mad if you ask....But for those of us who do post our rates on our websites and still get asked, well it just makes me totally uncomfortable...
I don't know if I get uncomfortable, but my first reaction is to think that they're maybe not the client I want if they can't read through my information.
Well if a provider doesn't post her rates, she can't get mad if you ask....But for those of us who do post our rates on our websites and still get asked, well it just makes me totally uncomfortable... Originally Posted by Valerie
well i dont want to have to ask...any more than you want to be asked...wheather or not they are listed somewhere.
it took me less than a min to find your rates...and another min to see your pics and 30 more seconds before i was wishing i was in nashville right now
Just post the rates and let us know where to look. Make sure the rates are the same in all your ads. No problem then and we won't ask
well i dont want to have to ask...any more than you want to be asked...wheather or not they are listed somewhere.
it took me less than a min to find your rates...and another min to see your pics and 30 more seconds before i was wishing i was in nashville right now Originally Posted by bubbaJay
LOL!...well I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for on my site! hehe
Some just may honestly be confused if you have different rates for area's, time frames, in/out, etc... or some may not read it at all. If you have all the different rates posted accordingly and they have read them, they will not ask and vice versa. If you only have 1 rate posted and they ask, it is safe to say they did not look at it.

If there is confusion about the rates, that should be cleared up BEFORE the session anyways; to elimate the possibility of being short on funds, misconceptions, hurt feelings, and unnecessary alerts. If they have already been screened, there should be no problem in discussing this, prior to meeting.
I can totally understand if they are not posted, but because discussion of rates/service makes me uncomfortable I always make sure I have them posted
As a client having a rate list is useful so that I know what I need to pull out of ATM. However I can see it making issues if LE get involved.

As long as before the guy gets there some level of gift is discussed...