the lost smile......

Have you noticed that (and I know you have) people around you just "do not" want to make eye contact? And this isn't a new thing. Nope, been going on for a long time now. I remember being buzzed when in my twenties and noticed as I was floating through the surreal that people just cant hold the gaze. It was like your not part of 'my" family so I'm not even gonna consider looking and smiling at you. Yes I know, maybe you'd get raped or something worse for holding that glance. But Alas, there are those ladies. Fearless, Strong, confident and ready to make eye contact. And sometimes..get eye fucked..............(and other things)..........I love it.
I wondered the same thing but realized 20 year old girls smiled at me when I was in my 20s. Now, they see me as some old guy.
A beautiful young woman reminds me all the time that age is just a number. I do my best to eat right and exercise so I can enjoy life to the fullest. I will always try my best to look you in the eye, have a smile on my face, and have a positive attitude. Life might not be perfect but it is to short to be miserable.
Your assessment of smiles and eye contact, is sadly, very accurate.

I wrote something on Twitter a few months back, about how my 7 year old son told me that I’m a magician.

This is what I shared:

This morning, my 7 year old told me that I’m magical.

“Thank you, sweet boy. But what is it that makes mommy magical?”

“You make everyone smile, mommy. And that’s magic.”

Looking into his bright eyes, gazing back at me - “Then we all have the ability to be magicians, don’t we?”

Be a magician. And share your smile with the world today.

It’s amazing how addictive, and impactful, and refreshing...a genuine smile can be.

Let your magic shine.

And as lame, or corny as it may sound - it is so entirely true.

Spread the gift of smiles.

And even if it feels awkward at first, or is received with blank stares, and isn’t reciprocated - with conscious practice and effort - walking around, smiling at people, will become and feel natural again. And you will start to see people smile back.

But even if they don’t - you know that you did.

And maybe the person that you did make smile, will randomly smile at someone else throughout the day - and make that person smile, too...

And for me - the thought of that ripple effect, always seems to make my smile even brighter.

Have a great week, lovers and lovelies!
^^^^ Agree completely.

But consider 2 things:

1. In some cultures direct eye contact is a direct challenge and insulting.

2. We're all screwed anyway because the millenials and Gen Z all have their faces buried in their widescreen mobile devices.

(It sure is fun to watch them walk into traffic, in front of trains, and into open manholes while engrossed in their social media feed. So, smartphones are really a big data plan to "thin the herd"! LOL!)
Your assessment of smiles and eye contact, is sadly, very accurate.

I wrote something on Twitter a few months back, about how my 7 year old son told me that I’m a magician.

This is what I shared:

This morning, my 7 year old told me that I’m magical.

“Thank you, sweet boy. But what is it that makes mommy magical?”

“You make everyone smile, mommy. And that’s magic.”

Looking into his bright eyes, gazing back at me - “Then we all have the ability to be magicians, don’t we?”

Be a magician. And share your smile with the world today.

It’s amazing how addictive, and impactful, and refreshing...a genuine smile can be.

Let your magic shine.

And as lame, or corny as it may sound - it is so entirely true.

Spread the gift of smiles.

And even if it feels awkward at first, or is received with blank stares, and isn’t reciprocated - with conscious practice and effort - walking around, smiling at people, will become and feel natural again. And you will start to see people smile back.

But even if they don’t - you know that you did.

And maybe the person that you did make smile, will randomly smile at someone else throughout the day - and make that person smile, too...

And for me - the thought of that ripple effect, always seems to make my smile even brighter.

Have a great week, lovers and lovelies! Originally Posted by Merry Minx

YESSSS! Totally loved this. And needed it. It’s very true I could feel so shitty then someone will smile at me and I’ll feel so much better. Lighter. And what a wonderful son you have!!! Read this at just the right time thank you.
Xoxoxo.
^^^^ Agree completely.

But consider 2 things:

1. In some cultures direct eye contact is a direct challenge and insulting.

2. We're all screwed anyway because the millenials and Gen Z all have their faces buried in their widescreen mobile devices.

(It sure is fun to watch them walk into traffic, in front of trains, and into open manholes while engrossed in their social media feed. So, smartphones are really a big data plan to "thin the herd"! LOL!) Originally Posted by Anonymous01

There are, without doubt, cultural differences to consider. And when traveling internationally, especially, it is pertinent for a person to ensure they are well-versed and aware of social standards, etiquette, and the basic, “do’s and dont’s,” of the country they’re visiting.

That’s just the respectful, intelligent mindset to have when visiting - anywhere, really.

Just as a visitor would hopefully be respectful of someone else’s home. If the homeowner takes their shoes off before entering their house - the watching visitor will hopefully not only be aware, and observant - but also intuitive enough, and cognizant enough - to take their shoes off also. Without having to be asked, preferably.

But - if they do have to be asked - the response would hopefully be gracious, and open-minded, and willing to follow the rules of the house. Otherwise, they may prefer visit another person’s house...that allows indoor shoe wearing.

If cultural norms are extreme in difference - being as prepared as possible, and aware of those differences in advance, or at least - picking up on them quickly in person - shouldn’t be too difficult, or unexpected, a responsibility.

To me, one of the greatest aspects of traveling, is embracing the vast varieties of culture, environment, and the overall feel of the people, and their daily ways of life, and of the land. I WANT to learn, and experience, and understand.

And I think most people feel this way. Regardless of how much etiquette or intellect they may actually show - I’d like to infer that the majority of people travel to experience...

And to experience - is an excellent way to learn.

Personally, though...”here or there...in a house...with a mouse...in a box...with a fox...on a train...or in the rain”...the only challenge I’m afraid of my eye contact making...is a Smile Contest.

And I’ll spend all day smiling at people with - or without - that, lol.
A beautiful young woman reminds me all the time that age is just a number. I do my best to eat right and exercise so I can enjoy life to the fullest. I will always try my best to look you in the eye, have a smile on my face, and have a positive attitude. Life might not be perfect but it is to short to be miserable. Originally Posted by mitch p

Mitch - I failed to mention this the other day, but I absolutely love your last sentence.

And it couldn’t be more true.

Life is perfectly, imperfect. It is chaotic, and beautiful, and trying, and intense - but it is not a given.

And since no one but me, can choose - for me - the type of day I’d like to have:

I choose to be happy.

And every single one of us has that same exact choice.

Hope you’re doing super well, hot stuff. And that, “beautiful young woman,” you mentioned...couldn’t be more accurate.

Your age does not define you.

Your outlook on life, and how you choose to embrace it, and live it - does.
YESSSS! Totally loved this. And needed it. It’s very true I could feel so shitty then someone will smile at me and I’ll feel so much better. Lighter. And what a wonderful son you have!!! Read this at just the right time thank you.
Xoxoxo.
Originally Posted by Ez5417

I am a firm believe that things come to us - not necessarily when we need them most - but also - when we are in the right place to receive them.

My two little monkeys, without knowledge, continuously grant moments of intense reflection - simply by being so in tune, and aware of the world around them. So invested in each breath, and interaction. Free from the static of life, that tries, so desperately to cling, the older we get...

“If we could all see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything...”

I hope you have a fantastic rest of your week, lovely lady.
I have to say........Very Nice. A lot of insight and obviously extremely high IQ. Thank You..........
Minx, you are a very wise woman. You make me smile. Thanks
Kreptil and Mitch...thank you both so much. You’re entirely too sweet.

I hope everyone’s having a fantastic week, that’s full of smiles!
I have traveled all over the World for the last 30 years and I have never, ever been anywhere where a nice smile and pleasant voice, even though I can not speak any foreign languages, but the pleasant tone comes across to get me what I need.
Being happy is number one!
There are, without doubt, cultural differences to consider. And when traveling internationally, especially, it is pertinent for a person to ensure they are well-versed and aware of social standards, etiquette, and the basic, “do’s and dont’s,” of the country they’re visiting.

That’s just the respectful, intelligent mindset to have when visiting - anywhere, really.

Just as a visitor would hopefully be respectful of someone else’s home. If the homeowner takes their shoes off before entering their house - the watching visitor will hopefully not only be aware, and observant - but also intuitive enough, and cognizant enough - to take their shoes off also. Without having to be asked, preferably.

But - if they do have to be asked - the response would hopefully be gracious, and open-minded, and willing to follow the rules of the house. Otherwise, they may prefer visit another person’s house...that allows indoor shoe wearing.

If cultural norms are extreme in difference - being as prepared as possible, and aware of those differences in advance, or at least - picking up on them quickly in person - shouldn’t be too difficult, or unexpected, a responsibility.

To me, one of the greatest aspects of traveling, is embracing the vast varieties of culture, environment, and the overall feel of the people, and their daily ways of life, and of the land. I WANT to learn, and experience, and understand.

And I think most people feel this way. Regardless of how much etiquette or intellect they may actually show - I’d like to infer that the majority of people travel to experience...

And to experience - is an excellent way to learn.

Personally, though...”here or there...in a house...with a mouse...in a box...with a fox...on a train...or in the rain”...the only challenge I’m afraid of my eye contact making...is a Smile Contest.

And I’ll spend all day smiling at people with - or without - that, lol. Originally Posted by Merry Minx

That stunning smile of yours Merry would have anyone smiling!!!!
Peanut, lol...you crack me up.

And you know the laugh I’m talking about, too.

Thank you for making me smile, hot stuff.

I hope everyone’s having the best week!