Provider Hosted Poker Nights

Maxeen Monroe suggested poker during her open house, which raises an interesting point...

In SoCal, it is common for providers to host a poker night. Typically, there is a buy-in for chips, which are redeemed for prizes (typically, the winner(s) get BCD time with the hostess)... sometimes, when several ladies host, there are several prizes. It's all enhanced by free booze and the ladies providing intermittent entertainment (usually, stripping or running around half naked).

I guess the downside is that the guys don't win actual money (the money is paid to the lady), but they get free food/booze/eye candy and can "cash in" their chips - if they've won any - for girl time.

I'm surprised that some of the more enterprising ladies here haven't tried this.
  • FSCOB
  • 02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd buy in for that, and I'm lousy at poker!
Howdy, Folks!

...cuz I read the title to this thread as:

"Provider Posted Hooker Nights"

Well...it *is* eccie...
I wouldn't even know the first thing about the "rules" so would need help w/ all that, but I love to play hostess, have 1 long & 3 regular card tables, several brand-new decks of cards, one box of poker chips, numerous other games if non-poker players are there to enjoy such as backgammon, chess, Trivial Pursuit, etc... Even CLUE for those who need one. :P LOL j/k

There have been similar gatherings w/ raffles such as my going away (but I didn't... HA!) party in Dec. I know a retired provider who did this successfully a cpl yrs ago. Anyway, there's always concerns about who to invite. Usually, it's only fellas the lady has met or been able to screen to her satisfaction. It can be a risky event if the wrong folks get curious. That just bites, huh? We should be able to enjoy ourselves w/out looking over shoulders.

Thanks for the tip, though, CJ. Definitely something I'd love to do for some of my second family.
Great idea CityJazz! I'm a lousy poker player but the event sounds fun enough just on it's own. Kat's idea of adding some other games would be great too. Fun for all!
Ring game or tourney? I can see tourneys running pretty long depending on the format. It's an interesting idea though.
  • Paven
  • 02-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Great idea CityJazz! I'm a lousy poker player but the event sounds fun enough just on it's own. Kat's idea of adding some other games would be great too. Fun for all! Originally Posted by DTorchia
Add some Uno to that and I'm in! lol
  • 02-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Strip poker with Paven, wooo.
Strip poker with Paven, wooo. Originally Posted by 78704
***correction**** Strip UNO!!!
I got yer UNO... SKIP-BO... CRIBBAGE...
US HISTORY TRIVIA...

OOPS.... lost myself on that one!

Anyone for RISK?
Strip Risk??? For every country conquered a piece of clothing comes off?
  • AC-DC
  • 02-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Euchre - the perfect hobby game - you bid for tricks, if you have a great hand you can "stick the dealer" and if you are really cocky you can "go alone"....
  • Paven
  • 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
***correction**** Strip UNO!!! Originally Posted by DTorchia
It's hard to play Uno by oneself, you have to change chairs really fast!
It's hard to play Uno by oneself, you have to change chairs really fast!
Originally Posted by Paven
Oh something tells me Miss Paven that there will be plenty of people wanting to play UNO with you!!!
Ring game or tourney? I can see tourneys running pretty long depending on the format. It's an interesting idea though. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor

Sorry.....I nearly fell out of my chair when I first read your post and I thought it said RING TOSS instead of ring game.....

Although RING TOSS could get interesting.......