Protests Planned At George W. Bush Presidential Center Dedication In April 2013

By The People's Response

When the George W. Bush Library and Policy Institute is dedicated on April 25, 2013, at Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas, Texas, protestors will be there to demand the ex-president be held accountable for war crimes, crimes against humanity, and violations of U.S. and international law. President Barack Obama, former U.S. presidents and many heads of state are expected to attend the dedication ceremony.

A coalition of local, state and national peace and justice groups organizing the protest is inviting people from across the country to participate in an event called "The People's Response." According to Leslie Harris of CODEPINK Greater Dallas, "The illegal invasion of a sovereign nation was declared a 'supreme crime' at the Nuremberg trials. That Bush and his advisors walk free today is unconscionable; there must be accountability so history won't repeat itself."

In addition to demonstrations, organizers are planning on- and off-campus activities to highlight crimes of the Bush administration and the far-reaching effects of an executive branch that was able to act with impunity. Teach-ins and panel discussions on the illegality and consequences of the Iraq war, torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons and warrantless surveillance are planned. A film festival showcasing documentaries about the Bush years is also being planned.

Rev. Bill McElvaney, professor emeritus, Perkins School of Theology at SMU, an early opponent of locating the George W. Bush Institute on campus, said, "The invasion of Iraq, and the approval of torture are violations of the United Methodist Social Principles, thus placing Southern Methodist University in contradiction to its own heritage as an institution of The United Methodist Church."

According to Texas State Representative Lon Burnam, "We demand justice for the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths and the thousands of American soldiers who died in this illegal and unjustifiable war."

For details about the event or to make a tax deductible donation please visit www.thepeoplesresponse.org

CONTACTS: Hadi Jawad, The People's Response, 214-636-7011 Leslie Harris, The People's Response, 214-437-6047
Y'all come!
Y'all come! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Any comment about how Obama is not going after the Bush crime family?
Even the eugenics based UN is masquerading...
That's simple, SEE. Obama is a wiseguy for the Bush crime family.

They're trying to call it a "library/" Talk about an oxymoron, with emphasis on the "moron" part. What are they going to put in it, Cheney's writings or comic books?
You boys will defend Bush to the berry ennd. You dumb fuckers used to justify Bush's administration by demonizing Clinton. Now you do it by demonizing Obama.

Dumber than a post!

Praise The Lord and pass the ammunition!

LMAO @ shrub apologists.
Rumor has it that Bush has to be careful where he travels because he is under constant threat of being arrested for war crimes.
I believe that's more than a rumor.

How many innocents died by his hand? More than FOUR I wager.

How many innocents died by his hand? More than FOUR I wager. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I suppose President Obama will be in the same fix when he becomes a private citizen.

How many innocents died by his hand? More than FOUR I wager. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What is the legal limit for innocents, Assup? How many innocents is a politician allowed to kill before it is a problem? Since you think 4 is ok, how many more does Obama get to kill before we do something about it?
I use to play golf with the ass't police chef in University Park, I bet he is in for a busy day

how can it be a war crime when the House and Senate voted for it? I think IB has a long list of the reasons we went there
What is the legal limit for innocents, Assup? How many innocents is a politician allowed to kill before it is a problem? Since you think 4 is ok, how many more does Obama get to kill before we do something about it? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Bush apologist. Im betting you stood up for that raving lunatic when he was In office. In fact, you still are!

Shame on you Whiny.

Back in the corner again!

how can it be a war crime when the House and Senate voted for it? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
They will never get that Cpt. I've given them the links, votes (98-0), everything...and it just doesn't sink in. But its fun watching them makes fools of themselves anyway though.
Glad you're having fun, CC.

I live to entertain you!