Craigslist in the news again

ABC News is doing yet another feature on Craigslist tonight. Diane Sawyer seems to be on a personal crusade against craigslist and the adult services section. Tune in at 6:30 I think.
  • Aguy
  • 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM
It's ABC's way to make money from adult content without actually having adult content.
Diane must have gotten burned by a CL "cash and dash" jiggalo...Didn't get her happy ending so she's looking to get justice
I saw it. There was nothing beyond what was already "exposed" during the Craigslist murderer incident in Boston. They also tried to spice it up with a "sex slave" angle.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/popular-web...ry?id=11367581
Diane Sawyer seems to be on a personal crusade against craigslist and the adult services section. Originally Posted by jymie

In 1970, White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler hired her to serve in the administration of U.S. President Richard Nixon. Sawyer had sexual relationships with Frank Gannon, a Nixon aide; and Richard Holbrooke, a U.S diplomat.[13]
In 1970, White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler hired her to serve in the administration of U.S. President Richard Nixon. Sawyer had sexual relationships with Frank Gannon, a Nixon aide; and Richard Holbrooke, a U.S diplomat.[13] Originally Posted by NormalBob
Well, if it's from Wikipedia, it must be true...
Well Wikipedia is no Globe or National Inquirer but its a solid source for quotes
Well, if it's from Wikipedia, it must be true... Originally Posted by Das Ubersoldat
The broader point is about people in glass houses but since you want to contest the sourcing...

It was after this that she segued to what is generally referred to as "the Nixon thing." She wound up working for the Nixon White House in Ron Ziegler's press office. Displaying what has variously been called class, blind loyalty and bad judgment, Sawyer spent the first four years of Nixon's exile with him in San Clemente, assisting with his memoirs. Frank Gannon, who worked with her (and was a beau), has said he surmised that she, like himself, stayed on to be a close-up witness to a unique moment in history.
http://www.people.com/people/archive...089065,00.html

Her long-standing and current relationship is with Dick Holbrooke, 43, formerly of the State Department, now a senior adviser to Shearson Lehman/American Express. (When she mentions him, she beams. "He's soooo intelligent.") "I still believe in lightning striking," she says, "and in instant recognition. Who was it that described it as 'an ether that invades your pores, saying now is the time to marry?' " [I guessed Elizabeth Taylor.]

Sawyer predicts: "I'll probably wake up one morning and say, 'This is the day. This is the day to get married.' " One reason for that would be to have children. "You know," she says, "to have a baby, you need to be married."
Fewer mistakes, on average, per 1,000 words than any previous encyclopedia, bar none.