rub maps

what do you think of rub maps.. i dont have access to the reviews , but some of the places or people on that sight make me wonder if it is a ral sorce of info
It's good at a high level. You don't need premium access if you know how to use the advanced filter to narrow places down to your personal search criteria.

Problems: most people don't know the difference between Chinese, Japanese, Thai or Vietnamese. You also can't fully rely on the times and fees. What was a up to 10pm and $45 place may now be until 8pm and $60....

it's not bad but needs a lot of improvement and possibly some actual moderators.

I still use it periodically but no longer contribute to reviews.

the Premium Only posts are usually just idiots (much like on so many other boards ahem) berating each other about who does BBFS and calling those who claim their experience is bullshit etc.

I did Premium once, contributed some actual fact based intel and had resposnes ranging from "bullshit" to others bitching "you're not supposed to tell about this one, they ask for no reviews"
The moment you do a review or contributon, tons of idiots will PM you asking "is greek or BBFS available?"

totally different community.
YMMV
Nice tool, agreed "use the advanced filter to narrow places down to your personal search criteria."
Well, the Map function is cool.
  • PhoK
  • 03-14-2022, 05:08 PM
I have premium access from a BTC investment I did years ago; it keeps making money, so I pay RM via BTC. If you travel a lot, RM’s is a nice addition for your intel arsenal as you can always find an AMP and services offered. The map feature is handy when you’re out cruising and the urge hits - pulls up everything nearby. As stated earlier, a lot of people commenting are douche bags, so just roll with the flow and ignore it. I think the site could be a lot better if there was some proactive moderators, but it works for me as is..

thanks... it just seems like there are places/people that are on there that you really have to question the site
I was on Rubmaps for a while and put up over 60 reviews. I was doing lots of recon of new places and adding them to their database. So for a while I had no subscription fees. I can't remember what the monthly rate was, $20 or $25. They don't have any incentives for the contributors like Eccie does. It is a pretty good tool for finding an AMP while driving around or in another city because of their geolocation feature. I had some good friends there. I bet some of you were on there under a different handle like I was.