What's the Handle? Missed opportunity

I don't know how to access a person's profile when I am sent an email. Is this something that is available that I just don't know how to do. I guess I need to specify to pm me first. I like the emails that come directly to me because of convenience but then I don't know who they are. Does anybody know how to search for a member via their email address? I had a guy wanting 2 hours earlier today, and I responded asking what their handle was. That is what they call it on P411. Is the member name called something different on ECCIE? I had 3 guys shoot an email to my yahoo account today, and none of the three provided their registered member name. I guess I will reply with that. Anyone have advice or can teach me something technical?
Always ask for a PM from the guy who sent you the email, do not rely on them telling you their handle or nick name.
You might ask them to PM you through this site. Or there is an option to email you through this site.. That way, you know who is contacting you. In an email not through here, anyone can say they are anyone they want. If the contact is through here or P411 then you know its the account holder contacting you.

Also, P411 and ECCIE are not connected to each other. One may be on one site and not on the other. Or, they may use different handles on each site. They may or may not tell you their handles on each site. Some guys keep the 2 completely separate.