Provider expenses vs Hobbyist $pending

So we've looked at Provider expenses. Now let's discuss how much hobbyists spend.

I started to hobby after my divorce in 2008. I spent $1000 per month that first year. My spending steadily slowed each year. Now I average $200 per month.

I assume there's a bell curve in hobby spending. Some of the more
illustrious probably spend well over $1000 a month. On the other end, there are probably some who only hobby once or twice a year.

So what's the average? Gentlemen, how much do you spend?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...
The overall state of the economy and how it has impacted individuals is also an effect. When I started the hobby in 2007 I was probably spending $600 or so per month, sometimes more.

Now the disposable income is down and the SO's radar is up on every dime. In the old days it was pretty straight forward to take a little extra out with each trip to the store, not so today. It's now a month or more between flings, it's now the half hour special instead of the full hour. This problem is compounded by no longer getting to see the specials listed in the ads of course. I'm waaaay overdue.
Over the last nine years, it's averaged almost $1,300 per month -- but with a lot of variation. (And there are plenty of guys who make me look like a tightwad.) 2009 and 2010 were above average, but it's probably going to decline this year and next. The economy isn't affecting me much, but the discreet availability of spare funds is getting harder and a new expense looms on the horizon. And I'm getting even more old and decrepit.
Mine is more limited by my availability than by funds (not that funds are unlimited). Family situation and a old FWB have severely limited my opportunities. In the old ASPD days I probably peaked at 1-2 visits a month in the $250 range.
I try to hold the line at 1k, but it doesn't always work out that way. I tell myself this is temporary and less expensive than a SO.
I spend close $1500 per month, give or take.
  • Go4it
  • 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Last year was my most expensive BY FAR cause I hooked up in aSB/SD situation. LOL - I also got laid a lot more often, a lot longer BCD, and had more non-lay fun. But last year was just over $20k. Because of that I am currently down to once a month and I'm bottom feeding.
But did you consider your time setting up an appointment, researching a provider, getting screened, hobby phone, computer, gas, auto insurance, cost of showering, shaving, clothes and possible tolls on the road? Not to mention the time and effort put into raising your hobby money, the work clothes, dry cleaning, daily showers, car payments, cost of a place to live, time to and from work, food, hair cuts, business phone and the king topper of all total taxes where the government takes over a third of my money between Federal and state income, FICA, Medicare, property, sales, etc. Holy Shit it never ends.

By the time its over I had to earn nearly $400 to pay $200 and I am not making near as much as I was 3 years ago.
how much I spend is none of your damn business!
how much I spend is none of your damn business! Originally Posted by TexRich
Thanks for sharing.
But did you consider your time setting up an appointment, researching a provider, getting screened, hobby phone, computer, gas, auto insurance, cost of showering, shaving, clothes and possible tolls on the road? Not to mention the time and effort put into raising your hobby money, the work clothes, dry cleaning, daily showers, car payments, cost of a place to live, time to and from work, food, hair cuts, business phone and the king topper of all total taxes where the government takes over a third of my money between Federal and state income, FICA, Medicare, property, sales, etc. Holy Shit it never ends.

By the time its over I had to earn nearly $400 to pay $200 and I am not making near as much as I was 3 years ago. Originally Posted by AT6Texan
In the grand scheme of things, I would figure you take a girl's hourly rate and add 15-20% to get an adjusted expenditure which would cover directly related expenses to that particular session. Obviously your property taxes don't factor into your hobby expenses but fuel, hobby phone, computer use, etc, may....