Thoughts & Feedback on currency

Hi! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Bitcoin?

Additionally, I am curious if this is a type of currency you would prefer to use as a hobbyist.

https://www.weusecoins.com/en/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

http://bitcoin.org/en/

I don't like that it would leave an electronic trail.
This is the first I've heard of it, so I read the wiki page.

We so deserve a plague.
Heard about Bitcoins but don't know who uses them.
hmm.

Cowboy, have you used them before and know the extent of the trail?

XX
Liz
hmm.

Cowboy, have you used them before and know the extent of the trail?

XX
Liz Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth
I haven't used them but I imagine there will be some kind of trail.
I haven't used them but I imagine there will be some kind of trail. Originally Posted by cowboy8055
I use PayPal frequently, and it works out well for those with covert accounts. The electronic trail is minimal. I am curious if this is similar in that respect...
Thanks for the interesting read!
Bitcoin is actually more safer than paypal. Only issue would be fluctuation of exchange rate.
Quotes from Wikipedia:

".....illicit drug and gambling transactions constitute some of its commercial usage"

..."Bitcoin is promoted as a digital currency, many commentators have criticized Bitcoin's volatile exchange rate, relatively inflexible supply, and minimal use in trade."

"In 2013, the U.S. Treasury extended its anti-money laundering regulations to processors of bitcoin transactions."

"Although it is considered by supporters to be a digital currency, virtual currency, or "payment scheme", it is often traded as an investment[85] and accused of being a form of investment fraud known as a Ponzi scheme"

I imagine that the authorities just love Bitcoin. Not sure I want my personal information in their records.

elg......
Every credit card transaction, every check you have written and received, every atm login, etc are on the the FDIC's database. During the S & L fallout in the 80s and early 90s a friend of mine went to work for the Resolution Trust. He was telling me about how much info the FDIC has, I did not believe the scope of it until he ran a report on me. Just using my name, he ran over 500 page report on, he cut it off at 500 pages. I was shocked at how much info was there.
Every credit card transaction, every check you have written and received, every atm login, etc are on the the FDIC's database. During the S & L fallout in the 80s and early 90s a friend of mine went to work for the Resolution Trust. He was telling me about how much info the FDIC has, I did not believe the scope of it until he ran a report on me. Just using my name, he ran over 500 page report on, he cut it off at 500 pages. I was shocked at how much info was there. Originally Posted by pyramider

I'm not.

Orwell was not a novelist, he was a prognosticator.

elg....
I was shocked at how much info was there. Originally Posted by pyramider
Google does the same with every search you make......
Google does the same with every search you make...... Originally Posted by Celso
With google glass they're going to know everything you even look at. I imagine they'd even be able to monitor your eye movements to tell if you're lying, similar to police interrogation tactics.