Providers asking for deposit

So in the last three weeks, I've had three different providers say they require a deposit from new clients. I haven't done it, because it seems too easy to just take my money and run. This isn't a standard thing that I shouldn't worry about, is it?
Are you serious? No, it is not a standard thing. What kind of legit provider requires a deposit? What does that entail? Paying a provider half of her donation the day before you see her then the other half at your scheduled time? That makes no sense at all. I can see a provider wanting to get cash upfront once you are there if you are new and have no references, but a deposit before your scheduled BCD time is absurd and a scam waiting to happen.
If the lady has a good rep, a good standing in the community, and has been around a while the chances of her trying to rip you off are slim.

Same with the client, a lot of newbie guys hell some non newbies even like and have been known to play games, ncns, cancel last min ect. Some guys even cancel after getting your incall location which is very creepy.

Screening newbie and non p411 guys is becoming rather difficult. A lot of girls are not screening lately and they dont bother responding to references either.

With that being said i can see why a provider may require a deposit for new clients. Especially if the client is not a p411 member.

Just do your homework, if the lady is travelling that can also be a reason to ask for a deposit. Nothing like getting to your destination only to have your pre booked clients cancel on you.
Are you serious? No, it is not a standard thing. What kind of legit provider requires a deposit? What does that entail? Paying a provider half of her donation the day before you see her then the other half at your scheduled time? That makes no sense at all. I can see a provider wanting to get cash upfront once you are there if you are new and have no references, but a deposit before your scheduled BCD time is absurd and a scam waiting to happen. Originally Posted by davidfree986
Yes, they ask for half as a deposit, in the form of an Amazon gift card. The the rest during the session. I thought this would probably be the reaction. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too untrusting.
So in the last three weeks, I've had three different providers say they require a deposit from new clients. I haven't done it, because it seems too easy to just take my money and run. This isn't a standard thing that I shouldn't worry about, is it? Originally Posted by acn2024
Deposit? Not no, but HELL NO! Especially in your case, you've got three reviews under your belt. On the other hand, if they have screened you and then ask for a deposit, maybe there's a reason?

Placing the donation in the designated area, immediately upon arrival...absolutely yes!

Plenty of high quality ladies here in the Metroplex. Simply make a mental note not to contact them again, and move on to someone else who suits your taste and budget and is a bit more realistic in their approach to business.
I personally would never ask someone for a deposit. These guys on eccie with lots of reviews, and references are legit. And to be honest I don't even ask them for the money up front because guess what?! THEY ARE LEGIT like I said in the last sentence. We have our fun together and they either lay the money down before or after, I don't even count it until they leave. and GUESS WHAT? its always the donation we agreed on. If shes asking for a deposit, find someone who is better and wont because that's just nonsense and not even worth it ;D can I get an amen!?
  • D.G.
  • 05-22-2015, 02:24 PM
You can get an A B C and Dmen for that young lady.
I've only asked one guy for a deposit. I asked for 2X my normal hourly rate. He said is THAT your rate now....I said NO...but it is your rate. I saw him once in 2011 and ever since he has emailed, sent numerous TEXT and PMs talking about scheduling. He has scheduled and cancelled several times....It was my way of saying "put up or shut up and leave me alone". So if you have a history of being a no show/late cancel or other issues...then YES!
Now perhaps if it were a weekend trip or involved travel to another city, maybe a deposit might be appropriate. In general, I think this would be pretty risky on the guys side of the deal.
The bottom line is with the glut of working ladies in the DFW market....why would you take that risk. Kinda like loaning a provider money....we all know how that usually ends.
Uh, no.
AMEN! I've never asked for $ up front....Only been burned once. Although it pissed me off, It did NOT change the way I do business. For the most part my clients are over the age of 50 and they wouldn't dream of stiffing me. LOL, now granted some are getting a tad senile and occasionally forget OR leave it some strange place that I can't find it.
She wants a deposit that doesn't come in the form of a bodily fluid?

+1 on what the beautiful Jules said.

It seems like a common thing with HDH, just from what I've seen.
Think with the head on the top of your shoulders.
If the lady has a good rep, a good standing in the community, and has been around a while the chances of her trying to rip you off are slim.

Same with the client, a lot of newbie guys hell some non newbies even like and have been known to play games, ncns, cancel last min ect. Some guys even cancel after getting your incall location which is very creepy.

Screening newbie and non p411 guys is becoming rather difficult. A lot of girls are not screening lately and they dont bother responding to references either.

With that being said i can see why a provider may require a deposit for new clients. Especially if the client is not a p411 member.

Just do your homework, if the lady is travelling that can also be a reason to ask for a deposit. Nothing like getting to your destination only to have your pre booked clients cancel on you. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
If a guy has 4-5 OK's on p411 in the last year then he should be OK, same with the providers…4-5 good reviews should not be an issue. NCNS is crap and that is why the ladies need to respond to each other, those guys mess it up for all of us.
Ask her if she's willing to refund the deposit plus 10% if SHE has to cancel. Bet you hear nothing but static.

All too often these things blow up because the time is set then someone (He or she) has to reschedule. Doesn't matter whether the reason is legit or not someone feels ripped-off. Just not worth it.