1000 Illegal Voters Just "Tip of the Iceberg"

In Virginia, 1000 illegal voters have been discovered, and officials fear it is just the tip of the iceberg. Last election, the AG won by less than 1000 votes. The closer the election is, the larger effect illegal voters have. Let's stop this.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/b...ia-localities/
Hey, Obama didn't bus those people in from Syria just to commit acts of domestic terror.
SNARK
  • DSK
  • 10-05-2016, 08:34 AM
In Virginia, 1000 illegal voters have been discovered, and officials fear it is just the tip of the iceberg. Last election, the AG won by less than 1000 votes. The closer the election is, the larger effect illegal voters have. Let's stop this.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/b...ia-localities/ Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I guess when 1000 illegal votes are cast, and the election is decided by less than a thousand votes, the liberals lose their "statistically insignificant" amount of fraud occurring argument, don't they?

should be easy to spot voting.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/bombshell-1000-illegal-votes-cast-eight-virginia-localities/ And of course no links. No independent verification by any one of a number of interested parties eager to prove widespread voter fraud. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I guess when 1000 illegal votes are cast, and the election is decided by less than a thousand votes, the liberals lose their "statistically insignificant" amount of fraud occurring argument, don't they? Originally Posted by DSK
No. One data point is one data point.

Even if the totally hypothetical and statistically unlikely conditions you described above occurred, it would still only be one data point on a graph with thousands (past elections).

How many proven data points do you have to add to that?
On a national level that has 10s of thousands of data points, let me know when you have 25 proven instances where an election was rigged and the results were not reversed.

Hey masterdickmuncher... do your fucking homework!

Here is evidence we have a significant problem:

"In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens."

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...citizen-voting

In 2012 there were 129 million votes cast on election day. If 3% of them were cast by non-citizens, that would spell nearly 4 million fraudulent votes!

And here is the scary part - Voter ID laws, even if enforced, wouldn't catch these illegals as long as they have valid photo IDs matching up with the info they used to register. In other words, it's a voter registration problem, not a voter impersonation problem.

Just because it often goes undetected doesn't mean it doesn't happen, dickmunchingman!
  • DSK
  • 10-05-2016, 09:53 PM
No. One data point is one data point.

Even if the totally hypothetical and statistically unlikely conditions you described above occurred, it would still only be one data point on a graph with thousands (past elections).

How many proven data points do you have to add to that?
On a national level that has 10s of thousands of data points, let me know when you have 25 proven instances where an election was rigged and the results were not reversed.
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Here is the story, please note the Baltimore Sun attribution.
Additionally, I disagree with your characterization of it being one data point, because I framed the statistical significance to that one election, and inferred that each vote was a data point. I think it is fair to potentially extrapolate those results to many other localities, though, and create a case where other elections should be thouroughly scrutinized.

From the article:

A new study has found that potentially thousands of illegally-registered voters are on Virginia’s voter rolls. This pool of illegal Democrat voters may help deliver a win for Democrats in November. It appears to have already tipped election results for past races to Democrats. In 2012, a Democrat was elected attorney general by less than 200 votes.

It is believed that many of the voters are foreign nationals, possibly from the large pool of foreigners who work in nearby Washington D.C. but live in Virginia. Over 1,000 illegal voters were found in just a handful of Virginia counties, so the number statewide could number in the thousands.

The Baltimore Sun reports:

More than 1,000 aliens, or residents who are not U.S. citizens, have been free to vote illegally in Virginia. The bombshell disclosure was made in a report released by the Virginia Voters Alliance and its counsel Public Interest Legal Foundation.

The 1,046 Virginia voters may just be the tip of the iceberg, as it’s only the number found in eight Virginia localities, the report reads. The report found that the most illegal votes were cast in 2012, followed by 2008, the year President Obama was elected to his first term. In both years, Obama won Virginia.

It’s a felony for non-citizens to vote in Virginia. But in Virginia, no proof of citizenship is required when voters register.
Is anyone surprised that a swing state that leans Democrat is rife with voter fraud?
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/i...t-tip-iceberg/

this one is in Philiadelphia.

yup, no vote fraud there.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...case/91540816/

how about this one in Indiana. State police makes raid on an office processing voter registration stuff.

yup, no vote fraud.
theres that drip drip drip going on with vote fraud cases over the years.

sooner or later the law of averages eventually catch up with a big one that noone can ignore.
  • DSK
  • 10-06-2016, 09:27 AM
http://townhall.com/columnists/miche...ction-n2228046 Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I think you have destroyed the liberal argument against voter fraud being insignificant, by citing numerous disturbing situations that show it is occurring too often.
I think you have destroyed the liberal argument against voter fraud being insignificant, by citing numerous disturbing situations that show it is occurring too often. Originally Posted by DSK
The brennan institute (True the Vote arch-nemisis) says that vote fraud is statistically insignificant. I don't know what statistics model they used, it is bunk for sure. they didn't factor in the known "unknowns". they were dismissive of it.

problem is we don't know how much fraud is going on until one is looked at under close scrutiny.

I see some of the remarks regarding the nature of voter fraud.

voter fraud appears to affect local races more than national races. at least that's the theory.

I don't think the theory holds water if you factor the Minnesota Senate contest between Coleman & Al Franken (illegal voting by prisoners) and California senate race between Bob Dornan & Sanchez (illegal aliens voting) where a few hundred illegal votes put the democrat candidates ahead of the races. And the results of the election becomes fait acompli. The courts of last resort was useless in these cases.