The Generally Accepted Form Of Outting

Wishing someone happy birthday...Admit I've participated in it so there's that...but it does seem that this a generally accepted tradition of outting....I'm sure LE would love to corroborate birthdays to hobbyists and providers as just another confirmation tool.

Just saying
You're assuming people are revealing their REAL birthdays and that the wishes are coming on the actual anniversaries of the days they were born?

Even so, if LE is looking to use that as corroboration of a Hobbyist's identity, they likely already know who the person is anyway by other means. Birthday greetings on this site would be pretty innocuous in the overall scheme of things. I think the "do me" ads and "did her" reviews would count way more than candles.

Shouldn't let the current aura of uncertainty make us so paranoid that we can't enjoy ourselves. Let the birthday celebrators have their cake and eat it, too.
You're assuming people are revealing their REAL birthdays and that the wishes are coming on the actual anniversaries of the days they were born?

Even so, if LE is looking to use that as corroboration of a Hobbyist's identity, they likely already know who the person is anyway. Birthday greetings on this site would be pretty innocuous in the overall scheme of things. I think the "do me" ads and "did her" reviews would count way more than candles.

Shouldn't let the current aura of uncertainty make us so paranoid that we can't enjoy ourselves. Let the birthday celebrators have their cake and eat it, too.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Sure...They can have their cake and eat it too...but to me its accepted outting...don't kill the messenger because you don't like the message...that's like trying to kill (who was it that wrote the Biblical book of Revelations) the Apostle John? Oh well that's like killing John who warned about the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse coming to kill us all... Whatever just never look the Horse inside its grill...when its on ya it will be on ya. ;-)

Carry on and eat that cake
Your message has no relevance as a Revelation. A mere wish for a good birthday does not actually denote how old a person is or if they were even born on the date they state on a hooker board, so would be considered hearsay, not evidence, not proof of either wrongdoing or RW identity, and therefore of little use.

But if you insist on being a prophet or a messiah, please grant me a miracle and make me 30 years younger.
I can roll with that...but don't underestimate the tactics of the hunters. Ijs
Usually when there is a Happy Birthday wish, it’s in response to the birthday boy/girl mentioning that it’s their bday.

The risk is not that LE will verify identities by matching birthdates, the risk is a SO finding this site and the posts and matching up little tidbits of information like that to prove an identity. Then using that info in a divorce proceeding.

I’ve also seen some other types of lawsuits that used this type of data. The best example was a lawsuit for defamation where a woman sued another woman’s husband for libel for posting on a gossip site that she was a prostitute.

Woman #1lost, when enough little breadcrumbs of posts corroborated the wife’s story and matched up with public records.
I can roll with that...but don't underestimate the tactics of the hunters. Ijs Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel

I will give you that. Hunters are usually focused and tenacious once they have quarry sighted.

Don't bolt, Bambi! Hide well and watch patiently.

Usually when there is a Happy Birthday wish, it’s in response to the birthday boy/girl mentioning that it’s their bday.

The risk is not that LE will verify identities by matching birthdates, the risk is a SO finding this site and the posts and matching up little tidbits of information like that to prove an identity. Then using that info in a divorce proceeding.

I’ve also seen some other types of lawsuits that used this type of data. The best example was a lawsuit for defamation where a woman sued another woman’s husband for libel for posting on a gossip site that she was a prostitute.

Woman #1lost, when enough little breadcrumbs of posts corroborated the wife’s story and matched up with public records. Originally Posted by LimitlessJD
Smart critters muddy their trails.