Professional courtesy, or just blowing you off?

Guys, how many times have you sent a Provider a PM or appointment request, in the manner prescribed, and never gotten a response? Do you prefer the "non-response" or would you expect a polite "no thanks", or something along those lines, from the Provider?

Ladies, how long should the guy give you before sending you another request, or should he presume you aren't interested ... in either case, how long do you think it is fair for him wait?

I ask because I know there are guys that have the same question and ... I sent a request to a Provider two weeks ago ... she had logged on many times since then, but never responded to my PM (which was her preferred contact) ... I, not wanting to seem like a stalker, gave up, moved on and scheduled another Provider ... then the first Provider got back to me, and was PO'd when I politely declined seeing her since I had not heard from her in several weeks, explaining I already had made another appointment.
I prefer a response since these days I tend to issue selected invitations several days out rather than make calls the day of looking for company. In general the first to respond positively gets my attention. If for some strange reason I get two positives these days I will then have to figure something out.

No response just means its not gonna happen. Just means my former sugar baby is gonna end up with my play money to play with and I end up playing with myself. At some point if the girl gone bad is still around I might get around to sending another invitation. In the past I would have tried again a week or a month later but these days it could be a year or so. I never try more than three times with those who never reply. As a result I have and currently am missing out on a couple of the very well regarded women around here.

A negative reply that holds open the possibility of accepting for another day or week gets a much quicker reissue of an invitation. Namely the first sent out the next time. But sadly.
  • 69er
  • 06-27-2011, 11:23 PM
You are not alone. I would always prefer a reply, and the sooner the better. I would estimate that with a lady I have not met before, making a request through P411, I get a reply in 24 hours or less, about 50% of the time.

I tend to try and set appointments a week in advance. So, I tend to make my request, and during the weekdays tend to give the lady 24 hrs to respond. No response, and the next request goes out to another lady.

If I have only a day or two or warning, I'll move the time ratio down accordingly, but I don't expect responses outside of normal waking hours. Giving them 8 hours to respond, and you can get three or four requests out in a day, giving a decent chance of success with only planning a day ahead.

Almost always, if I fail to plan ahead, or the lady cancels for some reason, it's pure luck finding a replacement.

This has lead to me discovering the following:
Dallas is apparently the Bermuda Triangle for cell phones.. The incidence of broken/wet/lost phones is enormous here.
Emergencies seem to take on new definitions here. Important stuff like she needs to go pick up her neighbors cat.
Automotive maintenance is not widely practiced by some providers... "Yes the tire was flat, and I changed it for that mini spare thing... what do you mean that tire will not last 6 months? I've only traveled to Austin 4 times, and kept my speed down... only 80 counts as down right?"
I always do my best to send a thank you for your request and sorry we missed or schedules did not work whatever the case may be and ask them to try again. PM's on here can get a bit of a delay because I don't check them regularly. Sent thru p4 is easy to get on my phone and respond.

Now if it is from a client who is notorius time waster I just ignore it. Believe it or now we have a few. LOL
Guys, how many times have you sent a Provider a PM or appointment request, in the manner prescribed, and never gotten a response? Do you prefer the "non-response" or would you expect a polite "no thanks", or something along those lines, from the Provider?

... I sent a request to a Provider two weeks ago ... she had logged on many times since then, but never responded to my PM (which was her preferred contact) ... I, ... gave up, moved on and scheduled another Provider ... then the first Provider got back to me, and was PO'd when I politely declined seeing her since I had not heard from her in several weeks, explaining I already had made another appointment. Originally Posted by hookem69horns
hookem69horns, hope things worked out for you.

i usually plan for a week or two out. so, if i dont hear something back w/in 3-4 days, i resend. if i still dont hear something back, i contact another woman.

if a provider got PO'd at me cos i declined after she finally got back to me and i said "thx, cannot meet", i'd seriously consider removing her from my gcho or my gvha list. i dont need POness from anyone, esp. providers of any sort [this business, real world, real world business].
I recently have had a problem with my P-411 request going to the provider(s) spam. So now I always follow up the P-411 request with a direct email (if known).
ca1962, exactamundo.

just cos one clicks on the "send" button doesnt guarantee that the email gets sent or that it winds up in the recipients inbox.

best to follow up in their 2nd-ary method, short and sweet "hi there, i sent you a note via <insertCommunicationMediaHere> . let me know if you receive it. i am interested in coming to visit you." or some such note.
I have recently sent some PMs in responses to an ISO or a question on the board. It annoys the crap out of me when folks can't be courteous enough to even respond. I mean, they do know that we can tell they read the message, right?

A simple thanks, or no thanks is all that is required.
Not responding is never a courtesy. I believe it's down right rude in a service based industry.

HOWEVER...I can understand ladies getting tons of emails from tire-kickers with stiffies. And then sorting thru them when no one is looking over their shoulders (family, friends, co-workers etc).

I give a lady a min of 48hrs. While I appreciate that they don't hang around waiting for us to contact them. They too have to realize that we can't wait around our email accounts hoping to hear back from them. I gotta have time to work on contingency plans... cuz lining up bewty-kawls takes effort and time on our part too.
Alot of providers, if they are logging in on a regular basis, do either one of two things when that receive PM's requesting an appointment:

They want to make it appear that they are swamped with PMs, so they take a long while to respond, and some may be, depending on who she is, but I am sure that the majority are not getting many PMs for appointments; or she is so busy with "whatever" that she logs and says on for a few minutes and logs back off for no apparent reason.

It is the former IMO
If they don't reply to me when I make a request I just move on. Eventually if I can't see them after several attempts I just move on. Some get upset if you try repeatidly to schedule with them. One exception to the above and I will keep trying because she says she wants to see me.
I almost always request an appointment several days in advance. If I haven't received a response in 48 hours, I will move on. A couple of times I have received a response beyond 48 hours--latest was the morning of my requested afternoon appointment, approximately 72 hours after my request. I said I was sorry, but it was too late. Despite their pleas for me to reconsider, I had moved on. Those providers are off my list.

As noted previously, this is a service industry. I spent a number of years in a service industry, and I know my clients would never accept a delayed response to their requests. It's always better to answer the mail, even if the answer is "Can't serve you right now, but let's plan for later." Or, if the provider doesn't want to see this client, simply say something like, "I'm sorry, but I don't think we are compatible." But at least ANSWER!
I almost always request an appointment several days in advance. If I haven't received a response in 48 hours, I will move on. A couple of times I have received a response beyond 48 hours--latest was the morning of my requested afternoon appointment, approximately 72 hours after my request. I said I was sorry, but it was too late. Despite their pleas for me to reconsider, I had moved on. Those providers are off my list.

As noted previously, this is a service industry. I spent a number of years in a service industry, and I know my clients would never accept a delayed response to their requests. It's always better to answer the mail, even if the answer is "Can't serve you right now, but let's plan for later." Or, if the provider doesn't want to see this client, simply say something like, "I'm sorry, but I don't think we are compatible." But at least ANSWER! Originally Posted by oglfp12

I have decided, and agree with you 100%, that I will ask once (using the preferred method of that particular Provider) and if there is no response in 72-hours then she will be marked off my list and I will move on ... I think it only fair that we, as the clients, deserve at least that much courtesy.