What is the purpose of Google meet or FaceTime verify

I’m seeing more ads that want to video chat verify. How does this show you aren’t leo? Also I’m not tech savvy but I bet there is also a way to scam or steal information with this method. Am I being overly paranoid or should I just roll with the times?
I’m seeing more ads that want to video chat verify. How does this show you aren’t leo? Also I’m not tech savvy but I bet there is also a way to scam or steal information with this method. Am I being overly paranoid or should I just roll with the times? Originally Posted by Action&Reaction
I don't think it does diddly to help screen, other than seeing the guy's face and demeanor before meeting. I mean, law enforcement has smart phones, too, you know? And, yes, there is nothing to stop someone from recording you and using it against you. There ARE blackmailers out there who prey upon hobbyists and service providers, alike. So, I say no to any type of video contact. Just my way of remaining safe...
I’m seeing more ads that want to video chat verify. How does this show you aren’t leo? Also I’m not tech savvy but I bet there is also a way to scam or steal information with this method. Am I being overly paranoid or should I just roll with the times? Originally Posted by Action&Reaction
Even if there isn’t, I wouldn’t want a video of me looking into a camera and agreeing to sex for money.

Hard pass for me.
They do it to verify you are who you say you are when they ask you for your race and age.
It's not about you. Lol It's to verify they look somewhat like the pictures