What else did they get wrong or are lying about?

It's taken four days since the Highland Park shooting and now, we finally get to see that "high-powered" rifle that was used. Oh, the media and activists have gone to town with that phrase, high-powered rifle. I thought that as strange from the beginning. If it was an AR platform, why didn't they say so? Of course, that didn't stop the less scrupulous from turning it into a discussion about the AR 15 again.

They still haven't officially identified it, but they have given u a photo. It is a Keltec SUB2000. Why is that important? First, it is a carbine and not a rifle. That means it fires a pistol round. Not really high-powered at all. It is made in 9 mm and .40 caliber. All of those police departments are either incompetent or lying.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/rifles/sub2000/
Yes, Keltec calls it a rifle but that is for public consumption and a descriptor on how it is to be used.
The simple fact is 99% of politicians and news organizations have little or no knowledge of firearms. Unfortunately there is a lot of regular folks that fall into that classification.
That may be but, if you're reporting on a way, wouldn't you expect the reporter to understand such a simple thing as miliary rank?

It's like Skippy Steponallofus during the 1994 commemoration of D Day. He traveled on an aircraft carrier. He asked a pilot if they got orders to pack up their shit and go half around the world...would they do it? He seemed amazed that the pilot said he'd pack up his shit and prepare to move out.
I luv me some pistol caliber carbines. Very nice shooter at the shorter ranges with a red dot. Very accurate and non-fatiguing, i.e. no big recoil. One can go through multiple magazines in short order as well.
First, it is a carbine and not a rifle. That means it fires a pistol round. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Pretty sure that's incorrect. A carbine is a long gun with a shortened barrel. The ammo may be exactly the same as the standard long gun. But the shorter barrel lends less accuracy. They are generally issued to troops who are in tight confines or where weight is important... tanks, Airborne, Air Assault.

Not really high-powered at all. It is made in 9 mm and .40 caliber. All of those police departments are either incompetent or lying. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
What the definition of high power? To me it's 7.62 mm and 30.06... what I'd traditionally think of as deer hunting rifles. 5.56 is a glorified .22 varmint or coyote rifle.

I would think 9mm would sure as hell kill a deer, but not at 300 yards... 9mm is more a suppression through rate of fire weapon to me...

But I'm no gun aficionado.
You can get a High Point pistol ammo carbine for $3-400 depending on caliber. Definitely not high power or something you’d use for animals bigger than a groundhog, even in .45 or 10mm.
Pretty sure that's incorrect. A carbine is a long gun with a shortened barrel. The ammo may be exactly the same as the standard long gun. But the shorter barrel lends less accuracy. They are generally issued to troops who are in tight confines or where weight is important... tanks, Airborne, Air Assault.

What the definition of high power? To me it's 7.62 mm and 30.06... what I'd traditionally think of as deer hunting rifles. 5.56 is a glorified .22 varmint or coyote rifle.

I would think 9mm would sure as hell kill a deer, but not at 300 yards... 9mm is more a suppression through rate of fire weapon to me...

But I'm no gun aficionado. Originally Posted by texassapper
A 22 short will kill a deer with proper placement I have skinned a many a deer killed by a 22 round. , I also think it’s the preferred hit weapon of the mob.
I believe he used a S&W MP 15 in the shooting. The Keltec was the weapon he was intending to use in Wisconsin.
I also think it’s the preferred hit weapon of the mob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQSo5VCJic

But I'm no gun aficionado. Originally Posted by texassapper
All of this may be correct but why is it taking so long. What are they hiding?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G80JPDX8q_E

A short explanation and confirmation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G80JPDX8q_E

A short explanation and confirmation. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn