Musk Declines to Save Twitter from Itself

As you know, Elon has decided (at least for now) to deep-six his proposed Twitter acquisition.

Here is a piece on the topic from the excellent Jeffrey Tucker, founder of the Brownstone Institute:

https://brownstone.org/articles/musk...r-from-itself/

Tucker writes from a conservative/libertarian viewpoint, and in my opinion offers some of the most hard-hitting and insightful commentary today.

He is also the author of Liberty or Lockdown, which has received excellent reviews from a number of quarters, including here:

https://www.aier.org/article/book-re...waAkGiEALw_wcB

I have not read it yet but am putting it on my list.

As you know, Elon has decided (at least for now) to deep-six his proposed Twitter acquisition.

Here is a piece on the topic from the excellent Jeffrey Tucker, founder of the Brownstone Institute:

Tucker writes from a conservative/libertarian viewpoint, and in my opinion offers some of the most hard-hitting and insightful commentary today. Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian

That was a fun read! Gotta love the author's style!

Thanks, TC!
Not total mean tweets, but kinda...

• Tiny
  • 07-11-2022, 07:54 PM

Tucker writes from a conservative/libertarian viewpoint, and in my opinion offers some of the most hard-hitting and insightful commentary today.

He is also the author of Liberty or Lockdown, which has received excellent reviews from a number of quarters, including here:

https://www.aier.org/article/book-re...waAkGiEALw_wcB

I have not read it yet but am putting it on my list.

. Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian
From the first link, "Elon seems to get this. His companies do real things, not fake things." So why on God's Green Earth would Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla, SpaceX, Solar City, and the Boring Company want to pay $44 billion for Twitter?

But then he's worth $215 billion. And we're not. Collectively.
From the first link, "Elon seems to get this. His companies do real things, not fake things." So why on God's Green Earth would Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla, SpaceX, Solar City, and the Boring Company want to pay $44 billion for Twitter?

But then he's worth $215 billion. And we're not. Collectively. Originally Posted by Tiny
He just wants a Social Media outlet with no holds barred where free speech is accepted. So if one member wanted to call another member a "Stupid Fucking Cunt" they don't need to worry about being banned.
Are there any techies out there who can explain why it appears to be so difficult for Twitter accurately to sniff out the number/percentage of "bots" on the platform?
He just wants a Social Media outlet with no holds barred where free speech is accepted. So if one member wanted to call another member a "Stupid Fucking Cunt" they don't need to worry about being banned. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Maybe as a consolation prize, he can buy the ECCIE PF.
Maybe as a consolation prize, he can buy the ECCIE PF. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
That would be interesting to say the least.
Are there any techies out there who can explain why it appears to be so difficult for Twitter accurately to sniff out the number/percentage of "bots" on the platform? Originally Posted by lustylad
I think you need a poly-sci major to resolve the issue. Technically, it should be fairly simple. But politically, it is more complicated and against their own monetizing interests to do so.
  • Tiny
  • 07-12-2022, 12:40 PM
Who's this new guy, Texas Contrarian? Or maybe he's not a new guy. He hit the ground posting like an old hand. My money says he's someone who's banned.

Here's the definition of contrarian:

"a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion; opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice."

So, in the world of Hookerdom, who's the biggest contrarian we know? Who's willing to bang 280 pound pregnant providers? And reap the benefits! A woman like that is going to charge less and provide better service.

Well, there's only one answer. Welcome Back Chung Tran!
Chungy went out with a bang, insulting the mods and behaving like an all-around prima donna. If he's out there trying to bang 280-pound pregnant heifers, he may turn up as a victim of suffocation at the Cocky Locky Motel outside of Dallas. A cautionary lesson for the rest of us in seeking out the best "price per pound" in this hobby.

But you do have a point, Tiny. Anyone who thinks Tesla isn't a growth stock is a contrarian, to say the least.
I think you need a poly-sci major to resolve the issue. Technically, it should be fairly simple. But politically, it is more complicated and against their own monetizing interests to do so. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
If it was technically simple, Musk and Twitter wouldn't be at their current impasse. Also, I don't think it's in the long-term "monetizing interests" of Twitter (or any other platform) to inflate/overstate its user numbers. Eventually they will be sued by their advertisers for fraud.
  • Tiny
  • 07-12-2022, 01:35 PM
Chungy went out with a bang, insulting the mods and behaving like an all-around prima donna. If he's out there trying to bang 280-pound pregnant heifers, he may turn up as a victim of suffocation at the Cocky Locky Motel outside of Dallas. A cautionary lesson for the rest of us in seeking out the best "price per pound" in this hobby.

But you do have a point, Tiny. Anyone who thinks Tesla isn't a growth stock is a contrarian, to say the least. Originally Posted by lustylad
Chung Tran may not understand what a growth stock is, but he knows his way around fat hookers as well as anyone here. Undoubtedly he did her doggy style or missionary.
Jeeeeeez!

Thankfully, I don't know any more about what it's like to boink a 280-pound preggo streetwalker than that guy knows about finance and markets. And I damned well intend to keep it that way!
Looks like your chungy theory is disproven, Tiny!

Also, I submit as (contrarian) evidence that I notice all of the comments heretofore appearing in this forum under the handle "CaptainMidnight" have suddenly been rebranded with the mysterious new "Texas Contrarian" appellation.

Could there be a connection there?