Tom Petty

• Dkayz
  • 06-03-2017, 02:01 AM
For those of you who didn't go see Joe Walsh and Tom Petty perform tonight, you missed out on one hell of a show. Awesome time.
I've seen both before at different times and have no doubt the show was outstanding. Not sure if you are aware of who Tom Petty's favorite songwriter was but they played together several times and were recorded at least once.
Cale(rip) has been a favorite of mine since I first saw him at memorial hall back in the 70s...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._J._Cale
Tom Petty got to me me and a few other big wigs who want to remain confidential. It was just a normal hello and nothing special because all my friends are in high places. I'm used to being around celebrities.
... big wigs .... high places... Originally Posted by Treetop78759
Another self described portrait of TT
I've seen both before at different times and have no doubt the show was outstanding. Not sure if you are aware of who Tom Petty's favorite songwriter was but they played together several times and were recorded at least once.
Cale(rip) has been a favorite of mine since I first saw him at memorial hall back in the 70s...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._J._Cale Originally Posted by malwoody
JJ is so under-appreciated and a favorite of mine. I'm glad that Clapton brought him back to the Crossroads gigs before he passed. Clapton, among others, owed him.
Everyone that went said they had a good time. I have doc Severinsen, Brit Floyd, and Buddy guy all in a week's time coming up.I've been hitting a lot of the smaller stuff this year.
  • Dkayz
  • 06-05-2017, 12:40 AM
I took a cute 20 year old to the show and had a blast. She sang almost every song haha. The drive home sucked, though. Didn't get in until around 0230.
Everyone that went said they had a good time. I have doc Severinsen, Brit Floyd, and Buddy guy all in a week's time coming up.I've been hitting a lot of the smaller stuff this year. Originally Posted by BobInKC
I've been thinking about Brit Floyd myself. Has anyone seen them before?
I've been thinking about Brit Floyd myself. Has anyone seen them before? Originally Posted by love2fishfork
Fish I saw them back a couple years ago at the Midland and they were amazing....