House: "She's faking. The cat told me."

Here Kitty
Attachment 6011

I'm very lucky to be blessed with an ability to tap into an orgasm with very little effort. But for those who have difficulty achieving an orgasm, what's so bad about faking it?

Why do women fake orgasms? Women, don't always experience orgasms with sex, sometimes due to Anorgasmia (inability to achieve an orgasm) but men may be disappointed if she doesn't have one. Faking an orgasm makes the guy feel he's done a good job as a lover, and also allows the activity to come to an end, which can be particularly useful with a partner determined to prove his manly prowess.

I may not be a great actress but I’ve become the greatest at screen orgasms. Ten seconds of heavy breathing, roll your head from side to side, simulate a slight asthma attack and die a little. - Candice Bergen

So, what about guys who fake it? Aren't men always able to have an orgasm? After all, the single most common sexual dysfunction among men is that they come too quickly, with anywhere from 10-30% of men reporting premature or rapid ejaculation in various studies. Yet not all men are alike, and some men may actually be unable to reach "The Firework Ending". Ever.

There can be a number of reasons why men may have a difficult time achieving an orgasm during intercourse. Medications, particularly the SSRI antidepressants, are the most common cause. Neurological conditions and diabetes can contribute, by decreasing genital sensation. And sometimes it's psychological.

Sometimes techniques of achieving orgasm during masturbation as a young developing man are movements unrelated to intercourse (e.g. lying prone and rubbing body against the bed) causing a man to have trouble neurologically orgasiming during normal methods of stimulation.

In either case, if you can't have an orgasm, at least faking orgasms to make your partner feel great about their sex life, and their lovemaking skills can have ego boosting psychological benefits. And who couldn't use an ego boost right now?
And who couldn't use an ego boost Originally Posted by julesmilano
I think that's part of the GFE. imo, the guys and ladies love the ego boost. Bringing your partner to orgasm is one way. The enthusiasm is another.

I'd rather the lady not fake an orgasm.

Many ways to boost the other's ego and have a wonderful time together. Inevitably, sometimes BCD will be less than anticipated. That's life.
Thankfully I can orgasm over and over again and when I dont I have no problem saying so ..tongue still works....
In either case, if you can't have an orgasm, at least faking orgasms to make your partner feel great about their sex life, and their lovemaking skills can have ego boosting psychological benefits. And who couldn't use an ego boost right now? Originally Posted by julesmilano
I don't like faking. That said, I've faked a couple of times when I knew it wasn't going to happen. Like Kramer said, sometimes it's enough already and I just want to get some sleep.
Oh wait i did fake it once...I had a major hip cramp but didnt want to stop so I faked one to moaned my way through it....
I think if we're talking about this particular voodoo we do (hobbyist and provider) then sure it's fine if there's a performance factor given the hobbyist. however, when it comes to actual relations, I believe a female faking orgasm does a disservice to herself, the man, and in a broader sense, is a big part of the problem with happy sexual relations in our society, IMO.

I say that because there is a huge lack of what I call "pillow talk", which is basically partners freely discussing what they like, what they crave, what feels good and what fails to stimulate. Maybe it's because as a culture the US is still too conservative when it comes to sex and sexual discussions. Because of this, too many couples, I believe, just "assume the position," the guy gets off, the gal fakes it, and he thinks he's THE MAN. Eventually when it comes to pillow talk in a future relationship, and is with a person who actually is genuine, he'll wonder where his superman powers went.

No thanks. People need to have the sex talk early and often, and if you can't provide the big O via intercourse, well there's plenty of guys that truly just want to please and would be willing to perform other activities to make the gal happy. Why do you think so many guys enjoy having DATY on the menu?
  • Carl
  • 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Despite the fact that some providers feel the coed section is a hostile environment to them, it's refreshing to see the renowned Miss Milano posting here with more frequency than I recall her doing so on the old board so many of us came from. That says something.
But for those who have difficulty achieving an orgasm, what's so bad about faking it? Originally Posted by julesmilano

If you can't have an orgasm, at least faking orgasms to make your partner feel great about their sex life, and their lovemaking skills can have ego boosting psychological benefits. And who couldn't use an ego boost right now?? Originally Posted by julesmilano
Adorable Milano!

I’m in the age cohort where it takes nearly 20 hours to recharge, and multiple pops are a sweet memory. I don’t fake orgasms, even though I don’t have one every time. It used to bother me a great deal, but not any more. I have come to learn that the journey – giving and receiving pleasure – is fully as exciting as the landing. Gentle and understanding Adorables helped me see that.

But with you, my dear, I have never failed to have an orgasm. Being in the same room with you is an ego boost; being naked with you and in your arms is an ego boost; hearing you whisper sweet nothings about my eyes is an ego boost.

Moscow

Don't have that problem...... I get funny looks because I can come SOOOOO many times!
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]

Adorable Milano!

I’m in the age cohort where it takes nearly 20 hours to recharge, and multiple pops are a sweet memory. I don’t fake orgasms, even though I don’t have one every time. It used to bother me a great deal, but not any more. I have come to learn that the journey – giving and receiving pleasure – is fully as exciting as the landing. Gentle and understanding Adorables helped me see that.

But with you, my dear, I have never failed to have an orgasm. Being in the same room with you is an ego boost; being naked with you and in your arms is an ego boost; hearing you whisper sweet nothings about my eyes is an ego boost.

Moscow

[/SIZE] Originally Posted by Monk Rasputin
Well said! Ditto, my friend.