Is Mentioning ECCIE helpful

Ok, I tried searching to see if this was asked before, but you know, user error runs high in my brain.

Been trying to figure if mentioning ECCIE helps when talking to a provider or not? Obviously if I meet her here, it helps, but what about outside of here or calling a new girl? Or is it best to play it cool and let it flow?

I don't know if it is just me or what, but I tend to bring out the LE fear in about 60% of the girls I try to meet, so trying to find a better beginning approach.
I can't see any benefit to mentioning Eccie or any other hobby board to someone who's not already here.
For the most part don't mention ads/rates/services etc, simply ask if they are available around <time> and let them take it from there.

If your really curious about pricing, "are you currently running any specials" or "is your <mardi gras> special still good" are acceptable. "how much to fuck you and blow my load down your throat" is not
No, not curious about price usually. Really just trying to improve my odds or acceptance or better put, not wasting my time. Like take today, just got stood up by a provider who has 2 positive reviews and no negs on here. I text, she responds, we set it up she says text when around area for directions.

Anyhow, 30 min past time still no additional word from her. On my way elsewhere. So did she freak, stand me up, pass out, who knows?

Anyhow, is everyones percentage this bad?
I use P411 almost exclusively. Not perfect, but my % is much better when they are members. Use this place mostly for info, intel and sharing.
I don't know if it is helpful or not. Personally, I never mention it to providers.
Personally, it does not matter to me what your handle is, but it is nice to be able to get to know you better by reading your posts prior to an appointment.

What DOES matter, however, is your two reliable, contactable references. If you don't have those and/or the references do not respond and/or respond negatively, I won't see you.

I'm just saying...
I think you guys are right and it is not that I already had an answer, but I certainly had an opinion but didn't want to skew anyone else's and truthfully, I am searching for answers. Personally, I don't think it would help but probably just throw up more red flags for any provider already skittish.

Either way, headed to Europa after being stood up and it was all good there and of course, mentioned nothing, lol.
Personally, it does not matter to me what your handle is, but it is nice to be able to get to know you better by reading your posts prior to an appointment.

What DOES matter, however, is your two reliable, contactable references. If you don't have those and/or the references do not respond and/or respond negatively, I won't see you. Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna
Aidan, that is a good point and I do know for a fact that is where I "suffer" if you will. Besides being relatively new to this whole thing, I travel constantly and so I never really have that time to get some regulars if you will. I see and understand the protection factor on both sides, I just wish I didn't drive 25 miles to see someone who can't even text me back anything, even if it was "eat shiznit and die pig" which would seem rather extreme but I don't even get that, lol.

Oh well, we move on! Got a review forth coming for what DID work.
No.
  • Rezo
  • 02-28-2011, 07:27 PM
No.

Not much point in mentioning ECCIE or membership to any other forum unless she already posts or advertises here or it was specifically mentioned in the review that she was looking for more business from guys on here.

This might come as a shocker to some but some gals don't like hobby boards and it could get you hung up on before you say another word. Also if you mention a review to someone like that she might investigate further and you wind up getting the reviewer added to her shitlist if she can figure out who it was.
No.

Not much point in mentioing ECCIE or membership to any other forum unless she already posts or advertises here or it was specifically mentioned in the review that she was looking for more business from guys on here.

This might come as a shocker to some but some gals don't like hobby boards and it could get you hung up on before you say another word. Also if you mention a review to someone like that she might investigate further and you wind up getting the reviewer added to her shitlist if she can figure out who it was. Originally Posted by Rezo
Glad to see you posting again, Rezo! Don't you have a list to update?
  • Rezo
  • 02-28-2011, 07:52 PM
haha. i'm glad to be back, ender.

Gonna try to get back to doing my old recon soon. At a quick glance it looks as though the list has gotten much smaller
  • bbkid
  • 03-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Huh? What's Eccie???
Well I've never had a guy use the line "I'm a member of Eccie's.." but I did once back about 6 years ago when the P. was still around....he went through screening....was pretty cool....we went to get comfortable and he blurts out "I'm a member on the P. I sure hope this is going to be a GREAT show..." Well needless to say that did not go over well with me...I asked him if he was threatening me with a bad review, and he said that the reviews can either make or break the ladies in this industry......

I started to laugh really hard and told him to get the hell out of my place and to NEVER call me again......and oh yea.... he DIDNT get his money back... I DARED him to write a review about that......he never did....

Nothing worse than a board bully thinking he can get more if he mentions he's a board member.....