Trump not a conservative???

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/05/...ts-good-thing/

what is he?
he's not a conservative? He's not liberal. He's anti-progressive.

wait what? anti-progressive?????? what does that mean????

The difference? Conservatives are willing to attack progressives — to a point — but never to the detriment of the institutions they cherish and respect. Playing by these rules, conservatives are doomed to fail as progressives, who do not share the same respect for institutions, capture and dominate every American institution with the full intention of using and abusing them.

that is true.

as best I can tell, Trump has been governing on some issues as a conservative and as a moderate.

Anti-progressivism is taking root in both Trump’s judicial and political appointments and his policies. Progressives intuitively understand this, which is why they feel so compelled to “resist.”
Trump has never been a conservative.
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Trump has never been a conservative. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
True...he is an opportunist.

He also only gives a fuck about Trump.

The best thing he is not is Hillary.
Trump is a American!

Name another Republican canidate from 2016 we would be better off with...

I'm waiting...

Name another Republican canidate from 2016 we would be better off with...

I'm waiting...

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I liked John Kasich. I'm up in the air about Rand Paul. While I agree with some libertarian ideas, I think the movement has been infiltrated/maybe taken over by anti-govt. types. There is a difference.
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Trump not a conservative??? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Watch the deficit explode and figure out wtf he is!

Watch the deficit explode and figure out wtf he is!

Originally Posted by WTF
Well Obama left Trump with enough debt, he should have a field day, over 2800 of them, lol. I added a few short videos on the debt situation. I urge everyone to watch it. It's animated so the liberals can understand it, lol.

Jim
https://youtu.be/tgpfswDHA_Y
https://youtu.be/mII9NZ8MMVM
Trump has never been a conservative. He is, as I and others have stated, not Hillary.

I would much rather had Rand Paul, as he is much closer to my way of thinking than all the rest.

Trump does understand what brought him to the party and will do what he can to placate them. Again, the best thing about Trump is that he is not Hillary.

I am very disappointed in his pick of Jeff Sessions as AG but, I will give him a year or so to see what he does about the corruption in the DOJ and the FBI. There are actors that need to be made examples of in order to make the rest, and those to come after them, aware of the consequences of their actions.
Shhhhhhhhh.... Let them eat cake!

I am very disappointed in his pick of Jeff Sessions as AG ... Originally Posted by The2Dogs
IMO he picked Sessions with the advice to get him promptly approved, and Sessions had some experience. Sessions was, and is, too much of a politician to be making prosecutorial decisions of "yes" or "no" based on the ADMISSIBLE EVIDENCE AVAILABLE.

On the other hand, the distinguishing characteristic may be that Sessions is keeping his hand close to "his vest" while completing the various (numerous) investigations that are ongoing that are being frustrated by a "Fifth Column" working within his investigatorial branch. It would not surprise me if he relies on NonFBI resources to conduct some of the more sensitive inquiries.

Hopefully he will surprise us both....and the rest of the country.
Whatever trump is or isn’t, he was the right guy for such a time as this
I liked John Kasich. I'm up in the air about Rand Paul. While I agree with some libertarian ideas, I think the movement has been infiltrated/maybe taken over by anti-govt. types. There is a difference. Originally Posted by papadee
I agree. I found Kasich to be the most qualified candidate in the Republican primary debates.
none of the alternatives would have stood up to the progressives assault on and corruption in the institutions of government

when one side doesn't care for the constitution, freedom of speech or minority rights and thinks all is justified because they are smarter and everyone else needs to die to get out of the way, in fact when they live to undermine them all

then what better way of taking control than using the irs or doj or fbi or corrupting any other part of government as was done under the disgraced obama?

and what the hell would, my dad was a mailman so vote for me, Kasich have done?