I'm tapping out...

I always laughed when I saw the "I am retiring" notices, but after much contemplation I am hanging it up, have had a lot of fun, but through out all these experiences I realized I will not be fulfilled by any experience...I am devoting my time and efforts to being a better husband and when you give more you tend to get more. I have noticed the more I hobbied the more I was pulled away from my spiritual upbringing. I allowed the devil to create a strong hold in my life and I am breaking free of those bonds, and in order to do so, I must recommit myself to my wife and to make the Lord Jesus Christ my reason for existence rather than my own personal selfish desires. Proverbs 26:11 Says " As a dog eats its own vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness." I am no longer going to return to my foolishness. May God bless each and every one of you.
Cowboy, I thank you for all your contributions to our community over the years. There are very few folks here on the west texas boards who have not benefitted in some way from your input. I also have much respect for what you're doing and wish you the best.
Best wishes and many blessings to you and your family. God Bless you, Cowbooy!!
*Cowboy
Sorry to see you go. And welcome back. This place is like The Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Good Luck Cowboy.
I have tried to do the same thing as you and it is hard. We all hobby for different reasons . Ive got my reasons but wont go into details.

Cowboy I hope you can beat the temptations.

You have a loving God, Wife and Family and it is a good idea to get ones priorities in order.

Good Luck Cowboy and may God Bless You

AndI hope I dont see you on this board again
  • CDL1
  • 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Cowboy2Step,

Sounds like you have been thinking about this for some time. You did not make this decision lightly and it sounds like your path is heading towards a different direction.

I wish you all the best and thank U so much for your blessing. May God be with U as well.

Take care.
Cowboy take care of yourself. We will miss all of your help. I appreciate everything you did for me. Hope the best for your future. Take care.
Take care of yourself sir!
Hmmm, nobody has said it yet, so I will. Happy Trails Cowboy. God bless and take care.
Although we never really met or communicated, I have enjoyed your banter and posts. Do what you need to do...for you! It is like Hotel California...you are welcome back anytime!